Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ldgregory
  • 1 Post By Azwizzard
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a good dvd ripper ?

Switching over from iphone / ipad we have a dvd ripper but it doesn't work with google nexus 7

Has anybody contacted 1 that works looking for free will pay if I have to

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

I use wondershare ultimate it rips dvd flv YouTube tivo ect great product.

Sent with my DROID RAZR Maxx using Tapatalk 2.
    ;-)

Handbrake. Has presets for both iDevices and Android. It's free and works on Linux, Mac and Windows.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    shafferb likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Default Re: Looking for a good dvd ripper ?

Agree with Idgregory, handbrake is great. Lastest updates have presets for Android and pretty much anything else you can imagine.

moviebox is quite all right, been using it for some time and I can recommend it to you if you are looking for other options. I have also been hearing a lot of good reviews about handbreak but yeah, I didn't try it myself.

I got the best and easy way for watching DVD movies on Nexus 7. Applied the easy-to-use dvd ripper for Nexus 7 that the poster recommended, I successfully ripped my dvd movies to nexus 7 with the best video resolution and frame rate and get full-screen playback.

My fav and been using it for years, is dvdfab.

Are you talking about a ripper or encoder? Handrake is the best encoder, IMO. I have heard great things about anydvd for ripping. I have not used it though.

Hanbrake is a good free one,but please keep mind that it only rip unprotected DVD. If you get the protected DVD to rip, I am afraid you have to try other DVD program like Leawo DVD ripper. It can rip DVD to a lot video foramts as your choice.You can try this one.

There are an awful lot of decent rippers and several free ones worth using. It really depends on what size & format you want to rip to and from. I assume you want to rip on a PC but play on the N7. ripping on a N7 even if possible would take a looooooong time.

here is an overview of some of the best free ones: Best Free DVD Ripper

I personally prefer the combination of DVD Shrink, StaxRip and DVD Decrypter when needed.

dvdshrink.org: FREE Backup Solution for your DVD movies!
    StaxMedia | Free Audio & Video software downloads at SourceForge.net
    DVD Decrypter

My vote is for the free DVD Decrypter for ripping, and of course Handbrake for encoding/shrinking(which can also be found at the previous link).....

I wrote in another post where with handbrake set at "Andoid High"(720x480 orig dvd size), a 1hr 42min movie equaled 646meg, and about 500meg on "Med" setting. Both looked great....

Don't forget the one and only player app. MX Player. This will play anything. I even tried a WMC Vista (dvr-ms) and a Win7 (wtv) tv recordings and they played great completely unconverted....

DVD Catalyst 4 !!! Hands down the best one I have used. It is on sale for $10 right now.

I have used Handbrake, and a bunch of other programs. DVD Catalyst is the ONLY one that has been able to rip EVERY movie I have tried. All the others I have had some problems ripping certain movies.
    nathaniz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azwizzard View Post
    DVD Catalyst 4 !!! Hands down the best one I have used. It is on sale for $10 right now.

I have used Handbrake, and a bunch of other programs. DVD Catalyst is the ONLY one that has been able to rip EVERY movie I have tried. All the others I have had some problems ripping certain movies.
    Have you tried DVD dycripter? I only ask because I've never found one it won't do. And it is free too so....

Thanks...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    42... need I say more...

I use FairUse Wizard. I will say there are a lot of options and it is very confusing at first, however if you experiment with it, it can give very good results. I encode my DVDs in a format and quality to be able to watch on any of my devices (Roku, ps3, PC, g-nex, n7, or ipad. I throw the file on my network drive and have the option to watch from anything. I have only tried handbrake and dvd catalyst and FairUse yields the best quality. The paid version encodes faster.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I download one from pdf converter, best dvd ripper, dvd to ipad converter . It is useful and fast.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

For that dvd you own (that is copy protected) and want to rip/convert you can use anydvd for being able to access the dvd and then rip to another format using, in my case, handbrake.
    --bill

Global Posts
    458 Global Posts

I use DVD Catalyst 4 - works fine with standard DVDs and I combine it with anyDVD HD for Blu-Ray ripping.

AnyDVDHD is the gold standard for ripping DVDs and Blurays. It is kinda spendy and it won't encode though. You need a separate program for that.

Personally, I use AnyDVD HD for ripping and Handbrake for encoding to AVC high profile. Handbrake's interface isn't the easiest to understand, but it supports batch mode and works well.

-Suntan

How do you put DVDs on the nexus 7, because when I put the DVD in my laptop, and then go on windows media player, it only comes up with stream. Also what is the movie playing format for the nexus 7 and how do you or what could you use to convert a DVD to play on the nexus 7? Thanks

Global Posts
    617 Global Posts

DvdFab works great

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Phil
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Verizon Unlimited Data