Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paulsalter
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Talking Auto-syncing photos from phone to Nexus 7

I'm a relatively new Android user so excuse the silly questions.

I'm with Virgin Mobile (trying to cut costs; just became a father) and I have a LG Optimus Slider. When I take pictures with the camera they go to my stock Gallery app.

I got my Nexus 7 several weeks ago, and now I want to use it to show my friends and family pictures of my son taken with my camera phone. The stock Gallery app shows up on the Nexus also. Now I'm confused but I expected since the app appears on both platforms that it would sync automatically, or that when I refresh it from either end it would, but it apparently does not.

Am I missing something? If Gallery does not sync from my phone to my Nexus 7, what is the most convenient way to do this? I want the pictures to be synced effortlessly, automatically. I don't need editing features, just something to carry it across platforms. What's the easiest way to do this?

Thanks

Default Re: Auto-syncing photos from phone to Nexus 7

I think not sure but think Picasso could do the trick
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

All the options seem to put my photos on the cloud. I really just want to make my photos taken from one device available on other devices I sign into, and then save them on my nexus 7 for offline viewing. Thanks.

Hopefully your phone should work similar to mine (it's a Samsung on ICS)

Go into settings and then accounts, not sure if all these are needed but make sure photos, picasa and instant upload are ticked (might need google +also), I have everything ticked in this list

go into Google+ app and check settings, make sure instant upload is ticked

On your N7 check the same options

when you take a picture, this will be autouploaded to a gallery called 'Instant Upload' which is a private gallery for your viewing only and will be synced with all your devices

all your other galleries should now also be in sync

I have mine set as above and have the same galleries on both my phone and my N7, both in sync with Picasa/G+ Photos

For Offline you will need to manually say on the N7 which galleries you want as offline

Hope some of that is some help
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

For the time being, can't you just move all your pictures from your phone via wire to the computer, and computer back unto the N7?

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

How about auto save to dropbox

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Does Dropbox make my files available offline?
    Does Photobucket and Google Drive?
    I basically want a nice way to display my photographs when I'm offline.

Gallery app syncs all photos between devices/google and has the option to save photos offline
    Thanked by:
    Zaloomination likes this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ok, that's perfect, how do I tell Gallery to do that?

check post 4

make sure photo syncing is enabled on all devices, and auto upload is on on your phone (if you have use iOS before, this makes it work like photostream on iCloud)

When you turn on instant upload and photosync (in the gallery) on your phone, there's an option to 'upload now' - I'm in the midst of doing just that and it's working well.

I much prefer using dropbox since it doesn't reduce the photo size when uploading. Is there a way via plugin or script to view camera upload folder that's on dropbox in my Nexus 7 gallery app?

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by paulsalter View Post
    Hopefully your phone should work similar to mine (it's a Samsung on ICS)

Go into settings and then accounts, not sure if all these are needed but make sure photos, picasa and instant upload are ticked (might need google +also), I have everything ticked in this list

go into Google+ app and check settings, make sure instant upload is ticked

On your N7 check the same options

when you take a picture, this will be autouploaded to a gallery called 'Instant Upload' which is a private gallery for your viewing only and will be synced with all your devices

all your other galleries should now also be in sync

I have mine set as above and have the same galleries on both my phone and my N7, both in sync with Picasa/G+ Photos

For Offline you will need to manually say on the N7 which galleries you want as offline

Hope some of that is some help
    Thanks for the step by step. I was looking for a way to sync my photos from my phone to my Sony Xperia Tablet S where I can view them without internet connection as well and this worked like a charm.