App shortcut stuck on desktop? (Jelly Bean)

bozoid

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Got a problem on my new Nexus 7. My finger slipped when I was trying to click on the Chrome icon in the Favorites Tray Google shortcut folder. The icon got dragged a little bit, and a copy of the icon ended up on the desktop (the original is still in its folder).

Now the Chrome icon is stuck on the desktop as some sort of graphical artifact -- it stays in the same place as I drag the home screen left and right, long-pressing on it just brings up the wallpaper selector, and it doesn't even launch Chrome.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of the bloody thing?

bozoid

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Screenshot attached. The Chrome icon does nothing, but stays fixed in place when the home screen is dragged right or left.

Sabrina Fair

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Screenshot attached. The Chrome icon does nothing, but stays fixed in place when the home screen is dragged right or left.

Have you tried pressing and holding down (on the Chrome icon) and then dragging it upwards to the top of the screen where it says "remove" and then release?

Ariff Suhut

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same issue after upgrading my S3 to the latest 4.3 Jellybean. But seriously... do i need to reboot my phone every time this thing happen? Bummer... *** pain...sigh...