Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default App shortcut stuck on desktop? (Jelly Bean)

Got a problem on my new Nexus 7. My finger slipped when I was trying to click on the Chrome icon in the Favorites Tray Google shortcut folder. The icon got dragged a little bit, and a copy of the icon ended up on the desktop (the original is still in its folder).

Now the Chrome icon is stuck on the desktop as some sort of graphical artifact -- it stays in the same place as I drag the home screen left and right, long-pressing on it just brings up the wallpaper selector, and it doesn't even launch Chrome.

Any ideas on how I can get rid of the bloody thing?

Can you take a screenshot?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: App shortcut stuck on desktop? (Jelly Bean)

Screenshot attached. The Chrome icon does nothing, but stays fixed in place when the home screen is dragged right or left.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails App shortcut stuck on desktop?  (Jelly Bean)-screenshot_2012-08-20-23-23-26.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bozoid View Post
    Screenshot attached. The Chrome icon does nothing, but stays fixed in place when the home screen is dragged right or left.
    Lol....

Have you tried just rebooting it?
    In Google we trust

-Sent from my Tardis

Have you tried pressing and holding down (on the Chrome icon) and then dragging it upwards to the top of the screen where it says "remove" and then release?

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Had the same issue. Rebooting the Nexus 7 removed it.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by michael13162 View Post
    Lol....

Have you tried just rebooting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by dpwaters72 View Post
    Had the same issue. Rebooting the Nexus 7 removed it.
    Yep, rebooting fixed it. Weird problem.

(Didn't even think to reboot the tablet -- it hasn't been restarted since I got it seven weeks ago.)

Thanks!

I've got the same issue after upgrading my S3 to the latest 4.3 Jellybean. But seriously... do i need to reboot my phone every time this thing happen? Bummer... *** pain...sigh...

Welcome to Android Central! Try posting your question in the S3 subforum: Samsung Galaxy S3 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

In the meantime, try wiping the cache partition. Sometimes this can help various glitches. You won't lose any personal data: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.