Wifi issues

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having Wifi issues?

Everything worked great now my tablet constantly drops signal. I'm posting this from my home network that my tablet can see. It will briefly connect then zero bars.

Anyone experience this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dirtman16

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Had this problem when I first got it. I did the following. Not sure which worked, but one of them did.

1) Set your router to a relatively traffic free channel. You can use Wifi Analyzer from the market to see which channels are best. Keep in mind the Nexus 7 will only connect to the 2.4 GHz spectrum.
2) Assign a static IP address to your Nexus. This can generally be done in the router software under advanced settings (look for DHCP settings).

Also, though I don't think it mattered for this problem, I did set Wifi to turn off during idle unless plugged in. It saves a lot of battery life while in standby, though if you want to get push notifications, I would leave it on.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had any issue with wifi at home,work or out and about (Starbucks, McD's etc.)

Does it happen on every wifi connection or just home or ? Could be router issue if just at home. I've heard some routers do have problems, or rather the Nexus 7 has problems with them.

jimbarr

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any WiFi issues on my Nexus 7. In fact, it connects to my home network quickly, and stays connected. Unlike my Droid Bionic which is frequently flaky when connecting to Wifi, my Nexus 7 connects like a champ.

Blkacesvf41

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Check the security settings on your router. I had to change mine from WPA to WPA2 and fixed it for me. Lots of mobile devices have issues with router's settings.