Tired of all the touchscreen problems: returning my N7

InclusionInnovates

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
This syncs up with what I am experiencing, now that I have shut down some apps, it is running fine. I wonder if there is a way to set a limit on background running apps usage so you don't have to wait until you hit a problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Grtchn

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Same problems, the touch screen quit working a couple of weeks after receiving, called Customer service, they sent a replacement tablet
in less than 2 wks it has started failing, do any of the google tablets work? Looks like I will be returning this one also, dont know if I should
even reorder?

Ryuuie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Same problems, the touch screen quit working a couple of weeks after receiving, called Customer service, they sent a replacement tablet
in less than 2 wks it has started failing, do any of the google tablets work? Looks like I will be returning this one also, dont know if I should
even reorder?

Consider how many people own the Nexus 7 and don't post online about every little problem.

I'd say you're safe. It only seems widespread because pretty much every thread here and on XDA is about how bad the tablet is for a minority of people.

ricktat

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
The ASUS hardware is bad!
If Amazon or Best Buy sold this device you would see in the reviews. So many people complain here and XDA because there are so many problems.

I purchased 3 Kindle Fires for the family last November and all 3 still work flawlessly. I purchased 3 defective Nexus 7's and gave up. One had touch screen issues, one dead pixels, 3rd light bleed.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
We have two Asus Nexus 7's in the family here. Both are C80 serial numbers and two months old. Both are perfect with no problems. We love them.

Sent from my Asus Nexus 7.

Yuri Pavlov

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi...this is my 1st post but just had to respond!!

Whoever suggested that fabric thing and my body not being conductive I thought what a stupid suggestion when I first read it (!!) - but I got out of my seat anyway which was fabric, took off my hoody which was fabric, washed my hands, touched a metal lamp - then the Nexus 7 screen works again!! I was at a loss and already planning to take the device back to the shop after only a week of usage. I knew it was a touch screen problem when even after a hard factory reset, swiping down on the country list didn't work, my finger would touch somewhere but another area would respond....

This was after scouring all the forums for an answer and thinking it was a pirated app, the screen guard (which i took off and now cant put back on without bubbles!) or the pattern lock software that was the problem. Well I hope it doesn't happen again when I'm sat on a metal chair....then it must be the screen problem. It might just be a huge coincidence that the screen started working again after I earthed myself....but like Master Ugwei said in Kung-Fu panda, there are no accidents in life.

Thanks again for the suggestion!!

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi...this is my 1st post but just had to respond!!

Whoever suggested that fabric thing and my body not being conductive I thought what a stupid suggestion when I first read it (!!) - but I got out of my seat anyway which was fabric, took off my hoody which was fabric, washed my hands, touched a metal lamp - then the Nexus 7 screen works again!! I was at a loss and already planning to take the device back to the shop after only a week of usage. I knew it was a touch screen problem when even after a hard factory reset, swiping down on the country list didn't work, my finger would touch somewhere but another area would respond....

This was after scouring all the forums for an answer and thinking it was a pirated app, the screen guard (which i took off and now cant put back on without bubbles!) or the pattern lock software that was the problem. Well I hope it doesn't happen again when I'm sat on a metal chair....then it must be the screen problem. It might just be a huge coincidence that the screen started working again after I earthed myself....but like Master Ugwei said in Kung-Fu panda, there are no accidents in life.

Thanks again for the suggestion!!

My N7 screen would become unresponsive in the car. I put it into the cup holder mount with the padded clamps. I thought I squeezed it too hard with the clamps to cause the problem, but it still wouldn't work with the clamps released. It would work again as soon as I stepped out of the car with it.

I know my body is at a higher charge potential (voltage) than 'ground' because every time I get out of the car and touch the door to close it, I get a static shock.
I think for capacitive touch screens to work, there has to be a difference in charge between your finger and the screen. When you touch the screen the charges in that spot on the screen are grounded out by your finger and gets 'sensed'. If your body is at the same charge as the screen, then no 'grounding' can take place.

I would have to do some experiments to prove it, but this must be what's happening.

alexrk2

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the same display problem shown in the YT video with my Nexus 7 2012 32GB ...unresponsive and unpredictable touch screen. The problem _only_ appears when the USB power plug is connected. If it's charging it's almost impossible to use the touch screen. The problem is 100% reproducable.

Then I tried the charging unit from my Samsung Galaxy S and *surprise* - no problems with that one. So I assume, it might be a defect with the delivered charging unit from Asus. Or an improper voltage or amperage coming from the charging unit?

PS: I'm in Germany, so maybe it is also a problem with the different voltage? I don't know.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma