Received 7 defective Nexus 7's and Google is now refusing RMA's

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
:) well...the whole premise of the thread is that it's either OK to demand countless replacements for "defects", or it's better to just move on to another product. Sort of like the chasm between liberal dems and conservative Republicans...never the twain shall meet. Just like politics, such discussions bring out the worst in us. (the thread could always be closed--it's not too late, is it??)

Don't forget in that mix of debate is the question if someone should expect (or live with) a mediocre device just because it was only 200 bucks.

Why did you put "defects" in quotes? Are you saying that screen lifting and the like are not defects? Or that's "normal" for a device of this price?

ROSCOE267

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I know this is my first post on here, and may look like I am trolling. But other forums would've closed this thread long ago.

On another note, love the forums to find out issues that I have and fix them before throwing my device against a wall... lol

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I, for one, don't consider you comment at all trolling. I too have been on MANY forums for years and can state that all of them would have closed this down BEFORE I made my plea to close it. Before anyone chimes in with, "well then don't post to it!", I say whether or not I post has no bearing on the longevity of this thread. I take several showers a day to remove the stench of this thread. :)

- - - Updated - - -

to g1toevo678:
LOL! I've got just one person in the forum, on "ignore". that's pretty good, considering... :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
And just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!

Remember, we're trying to encourage civil, academic, and pleasant discourse. Calling fellow members different names, regardless of the name, doesn't really do that. Please refrain. The next time it occurs, more than a blanket warning will be issued.

Further, if you don't like the post, then you can simply not post. :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
only two devices I've wanted to throw against a wall--a Storm2, and my Bionic (when it refuses to stay latched onto a 4G signal, esp when my wife's Bionic had solid 4G in the same room). haven't wanted to smash my N7 yet, but I did have a scare a while back with the screen staying dark.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
You'll see AC is pretty lax about locking threads... we encourage discussion about whatever as long as it remains mostly on topic and can be done maturely without getting snippy at each other or name calling :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
how come your post has no "like" button at the bottom right?

EDIT: now I see three recent posts that have no "like" option. wassup?

EDIT 2: ah, twas a refresh issue. thanks guys!

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I know this is my first post on here, and may look like I am trolling. But other forums would've closed this thread long ago.

On another note, love the forums to find out issues that I have and fix them before throwing my device against a wall... lol

There is some good discussion here, if you weed through the posts that either berate the OP, or make fun/call people names.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
There's an acer 7" tablet supposed to running JB out if the gate, coming soon packin a Tegra 3 Soc with micro sd card slot on the device... I have the N7 and am pleased with it but if I did have issues and if google refused to sell to me anymore, I might be inclined to check out that acer when it launches. Dont know price yet but sounds to me like a potential competitor.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Update: Google Play Store received my tablet on Sept 4th and still has not refunded my money. I've called them three times now, which the second time, they promised me that the refund would post by Monday. I called last night and the supervisor Jessica said that the refund was processed back on the 18th, but they haven't released the funds yet. The tablet was returned in pristine condition with all of the accessories. The Google Play Store is just playing games and is sorely disorganized. I plan to dispute the charge with my credit card company now. Just wanted to let everyone know what a poor experience Google and their Play Store provides.

On a bright note, I'm still enjoying my 11th Nexus 7 and haven't had to exchange any more.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe for you. I've no complaints. Your reality doesn't match mine

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
IMO, Google Play is not disorganized. They have man things to do, and many things to process. Patience will get you a long way.

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure waiting 22 days past when they've received it for my money back is patent. Far more patient than most people. Dave, I think it's the other way about, your reality doesn't match mine, which I'm not sure how voicing that is productive to this thread.

IMO, Google Play is not disorganized. They have man things to do, and many things to process. Patience will get you a long way.

Maybe for you. I've no complaints. Your reality doesn't match mine

anakin_sw

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a UPS tracking number with a confirmation. They have the tablet. They're just very slow and unable to tell me when my refund will be processed completely.

Just wondering, how do you know if they got it? Didn't do RMA, so I have no clue.

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Who knows. It could be halfway across the world by now. Large companies equals many places to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech