Should I get the nexus 7 if I got a galaxy s3 ?

Madarox

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
In the next 2-3 weeks,I will get a galaxy s3(had an s2 but it's stolen).Then I thought about getting a nexus 7 in late september when it's available in my country.It's just that I'm somewhat hesitated to get it.I think that it will be redundant with my phone in a lot of stuff and it will be nicer for everything then I would just use the s3(a 650$+ phone) for phone calls and taking pics only .So what do you guys think ? Should I get the s3 and the nexus or just get the s3 and do some upgrades in my pc instead of getting the nexus ? Also would be nice to hear opinions from people who own the nexus 7 and a high-end android phone.
Thanks in forward.

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
In the next 2-3 weeks,I will get a galaxy s3(had an s2 but it's stolen).Then I thought about getting a nexus 7 in late september when it's available in my country.It's just that I'm somewhat hesitated to get it.I think that it will be redundant with my phone in a lot of stuff and it will be nicer for everything then I would just use the s3(a 650$+ phone) for phone calls and taking pics only .So what do you guys think ? Should I get the s3 and the nexus or just get the s3 and do some upgrades in my pc instead of getting the nexus ? Also would be nice to hear opinions from people who own the nexus 7 and a high-end android phone.
Thanks in forward.

I have both and love them. I use both fairly equally.

Sent from my Nexus 7

paulsalter

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I have the S2 and a Nexus and both are great together

I use the N7 at home and the S2 when out and about as I find the phone size more portable

Take photos on S2 they are auto added onto N7 for viewing
Edit Docs while out and updates all show on N7 at home
Browse something while out, can continue when I get home on N7 as Chrome shares info
Same with other Google features

Before N7, I would use the S2 while out and my Laptop at home, the N7 has replaced a lot of the Laptop use

Reactions: Madarox

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Before N7, I would use the S2 while out and my Laptop at home, the N7 has replaced a lot of the Laptop use

Same here. I love the form factor of the N7 when at home instead of the laptop, but I love having an equally awesome device (GNEX) when I'm out and about.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
S3 and Nexus 7 usage is entirely different. and yes, you should get one.
I use my tab and listen to music using my tab at home and it saves battery in my phone.

watching movies in N7 is better than S3 if you think size matters.

762x51

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I have the S3 and a 7 and use them both equally. The S3 is always in my pocket and gets used for calls, texting, apps, etc. and is the only thing I use away from Wifi. The 7 is mainly for games, watching movies, and web browsing from the couch or bed where a larger screen is more beneficial. Both are EXCELLENT devices and have their respective uses.

Madarox

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I see...so basically when I'm at home,I will rarely use the s3.After thinking about it,that's something good actually because when I had an s2(was stolen),I used to use it A LOT when I was at home.I even had to charge it once in the middle of the day and then leave it charging before going to bed so it would be ready and fully charged when I wake up.From what I know,the nexus 7 has an excellent battery life,maybe double that of the s2/s3.Also heavy usage is not good for AMOLED screens since you can get pixels burns on them.The S3 would be good for using it when I'm out specially that it got 3G capabilities(I can use the s3 as a wifi hotspot to access network on the n7 but that's not practical).Thanks guys,I'm convinced now :)

randall2580

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a GNote and an N7 and love them both they work well together.

If there is something that would make me think about it (and a Samsung 7" tab)it's AllShare on Samsung products. AllShare makes it easy to transfer media amount any Samsung product from Smart TV's to DVD players to your computers and NAS. It is the one thing I wish my N7 did that it doesn't do.

booyahsaki

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the S3 and a 7 and use them both equally. The S3 is always in my pocket and gets used for calls, texting, apps, etc. and is the only thing I use away from Wifi. The 7 is mainly for games, watching movies, and web browsing from the couch or bed where a larger screen is more beneficial. Both are EXCELLENT devices and have their respective uses.

I second this. This is how I use both products, too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Tonzilla

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have both and absolutely love them! I also always have my s3 in my pocket at all times and use my Nexus 7 when I'm near wifi or at home.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I also have both my sexy white Samsung galaxy S3 phone and the Google nexus 7 tablet and I love them both and I just bought the white Samsung galaxy note 10.1 to go with my white Samsung galaxy S3 phone.:)

Sent from my White, Sexy S3.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Both devices can co-exist. The N7 has replaced a lot of functions I normally did on the laptop such as web browsing, and music/video playback. It's also a pleasure to use for e-books at home or while on air travel. Of course it's limited with the availability of wifi, so in those instances where it's lacking my GS3 has its place. I kind of see it as an extension of my phone to be honest. N7 = heavy and long term usage activities...GS3 = convenient short and quick activities.

nelonez

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have both of them and can't complain.... its the best of both worlds.... got JB on both so its a win win for me... :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

stevea1210

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an s3 & just picked up an n7 today. So far I like it a lot. I found I was using my s3 for almost all internet browsing instead of my laptop. The problem was by the end of the night my eyes hurt. So I got the n7 to take over. my laptop will be collecting even more dust more.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
It really depends on what you are going to use it for. I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4S and at first I thought that it would be redundant, but it hasn't been because I have different uses for them. I have a bluetooth keyboard case for the iPad and use it as a laptop replacement, so I do a lot of creating and editing documents, emails, web browsing, and reading books and magazines. I use my phone more when I'm out and about also for gaming, taking pictures/video, social networking, phone calls and short messages. Both have become integral parts of my multimedia filled life.

But then again, I know a lot of people who just use their phones for everything and don't need or want a secondary device. But for me, it really comes in handy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a feeling similar to yours but I use my HTC One X when I'm out and about doing stuff and the nexus for reading and gaming when I'm at home at a place with WiFi. Both devices get used quite regularly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums