Can Nexus 7 be responsible for Internet failure on other devices?

bibibox

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Hello, my husband got us the new Nexus 7 Tablet last week and overall it works fine, BUT, ever since we set it up with our home wifi, or internet is going nuts.
We never had any problems before, and now the internet just shuts off randomly or if we turn on other devices like the xbox or our laptops, there is no connection and we have to restart our router. One example: my hubby was playing xbox online, I started the tablet and the xbox went offline instantly.

Sometimes the tablet gives a DNS Server error and after rebooting works fine again and connects to our wifi without any problems.

I am sorry in advance to ask such a rookie question, but is it possible, that this tablet "confused" our router or something to that degree? :mad:

Does anyone have similar poblems or a fix or both? :) Thanks!!!

anon(723554)

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you may have an IP address conflict. If one device or the other is using a hard coded IP address instead of automatically obtaining an address from the router, it is possible that the router could issue a duplicate address to the other device. To prevent this, set both devices to obtain addresses automatically from the router.

If one device (like the Xbox) needs a hard coded address, then you must "reserve" that address in the router so that the DNS doesn't issue it as a duplicate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Reactions: bibibox

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Also make sure your router can handle another device. There may be a limit it's an older router.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums