Someone mentioned that disabling the animation settings (there's 3 of them) in the Developer Option in Settings may fix the N7's touchscreen problems. I have turned them off and so far I'm not having any problems. I'm not sure what the Animation Scale function does for the N7 -- anyone know? Also, what's the drawback to diabling those settings? I can't find anything about it doing a Google search.
    08-23-2012 11:22 AM
    Its the animation speed Android shows you when you open app or close it. and
    Windows animator is the animation it does when a small windows popsup...

try making it to 10x and try opening app... it will show very very slow animation.
    hope you will understand when you see it.
    08-23-2012 11:37 AM
    Its the animation speed Android shows you when you open app or close it. and
    Windows animator is the animation it does when a small windows popsup...

try making it to 10x and try opening app... it will show very very slow animation.
    hope you will understand when you see it.
    Thank you.
    08-23-2012 11:50 AM
    I turned them off yesterday and I too have noticed much less touchscreen problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-23-2012 03:27 PM
    I turned them off yesterday and I too have noticed much less touchscreen problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Sad to say, even after disabling the animation settings, I am still having problems with the touchscreen not registering taps and swipes. Although, like you, I have noticed a decreased incidence of the problem after turning animation off -- but it's still there from time to time. According to UPS online, my new N7 is on the truck as I write this to be delivered today. Sad to say, because of the wide-spread problem many other N7 owners are having, I am half expecting to see the same defect on my new one. But on the other hand, there are many more users who are not having problems. I hope I'm one of them when I get the new one today. We'll see.
    08-23-2012 04:16 PM
    I just turned off the wallet a few days ago and I had no more lagging screen.
    08-25-2012 05:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD