Apple / Samsung Court Ruling

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't want to get into an argument, but if you think that jury was well informed, intelligent, and took their time and due diligence.....my friend you're wrong. Here is one of many stories that paint a different picture. The flew through the process, guessed on damages and even admitted to making up their mind on the first day of proceedings. The foreman owns a patent, so somehow that makes him an expert? Ridiculous.
http://m.gizmodo.com/5938219/why-the-apple-v-samsung-ruling-may-not-hold-up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Read the quotes from the jurors again. They didn't make up their minds on the first day of proceedings. They did by the end of the first day of deliberations.

Also, impugning the integrity of the jury because you disagree with them is disrespectful and rude.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: jschu22

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Tom I misses the part about the jury instructions specified damages were not to be punitive if so why were they? Sorry but I've ignored a lot of this stuff, but I will have to say on some of the earlier Samsung devices I stayed away they to me looked too iphonish and I really didn't want that look or feel. Don't bash me for saying that as I love my Samsung nexus but that was my observation at the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I don't see how the damages are punitive. Especially if it isn't as much as they could've awarded.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Samsung paying a billion is like a cough and turn. Apple has drawn its own headstone.

Seriously? Apple isn't going anywhere. (And you should hope they don't, because that would be worse for android than any lawsuits)

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Seriously? Apple isn't going anywhere. (And you should hope they don't, because that would be worse for android than any lawsuits)

Plus if Apple did go away, what would Samsung do. They might have to come up with their own unique designs for their phones. :p

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Plus if Apple did go away, what would Samsung do. They might have to come up with their own unique designs for their phones. :p

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

Who is Samsung going to sell components to?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Samsung paying a billion is like a cough and turn. Apple has drawn its own headstone.

With this are you suggesting that Apple has signed their own death sentence by crossing Samsung? Seriously? Yeah, that's why Samsung is putting up proverbial firewalls to protect itself from itself (because one division went and pissed off Apple).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
With this are you suggesting that Apple has signed their own death sentence by crossing Samsung? Seriously? Yeah, that's why Samsung is putting up proverbial firewalls to protect itself from itself (because one division went and pissed off Apple).

yup......watch the next two years...you heard it here first. Nobody wants to carry a winy ssa phone anymore...this year it is about power...and that apple must beg competitors for now.....silly sicks.

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to say what effect this will have on Android as the core OS. This may be just the start to see if Apple can push their weight with ridiculous patnets. Who knows who they will go after next if anyone.

But Samsung took a crazy shot in "copying" Apple because Samsung is Apple's biggest competitor. And regardless of this loss they still have a huge grasp on the market with excellent phones and who knows if Apple can pull any of those people back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
people give crappie (little fish) to much cred here. It is sad that they see that as such a big catch....just watch. One billion to Apple...it is charity....Apple is the poor kid swinging a sign of poverty...I say we all match Samsung and give them one more.....it is only fair, the kid is throwing a tantrum.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yup......watch the next two years...you heard it here first. Nobody wants to carry a winy ssa phone anymore...this year it is about power...and that apple must beg competitors for now.....silly sicks.

Other than I'm supposed to watch for something in the next two years, I have no idea what you're telling me. But apparently I've heard it here first. Whatever it is.

Reactions: pauldroidr2d2

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have never owned an apple product and never will! I discourage everyone i know from owning one, and i will continue to do so!

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Who needs something as silly as experience to make informed decisions? Well, decisions at least.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Let's take a show of hands: Who here wishes Apple never existed?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Seriously? If Apple never existed, android wouldn't either, and we would all be using blackberries and windows mobile. No thanks.

Rominucka

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Not me. I hate Apple because they're not as cool as people make them out to be. Come to think of it, maybe I just hate people.
Anyway, but the truth is they have helped and continue to help push technology forward. It's hard to say how different consumer electronics would be w/o them but I think it's safe to say things would be a few years behind where they are now...no big deal.

Apple is just alright in my book.
I respect a lot of what they've done but despise most of their practices, like how they helped destroy sound quality in music.

Sent from my Samsung Droid Charge 4G-LTE

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Other than I'm supposed to watch for something in the next two years, I have no idea what you're telling me. But apparently I've heard it here first. Whatever it is.

Apple is dying...dyspnea....grasping for straws...coughing up blood, pulmonary edema...how else can I put it?

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

My first computer was a Macintosh 2. My dad bought it at a garage sale. Apple has been great for the competition. I've never owned any Apple products after that computer. They're too damn expensive.
As far as Samsung copying iPhone designs, you can look at the two side by side and its pretty obvious. They straight up ripped off the iPhone.
And Apple went after Samsung because it's currently selling Google's flagship phone, the Galaxy Nexus. They even managed to prevent sales of the GNex in the US for a couple of weeks?
But I love iPhones. Not that I'll ever own one. But they do lead the way in throwing new ideas out there. IPhone 4S gave us SIRI(edit: i know Apple didn't invent the personal assistant app, but they showed how it could be integrated into the OS and advertised the hell out of it), and now we have Google Now. Google Now even works better than SIRI, and it doesn't cop an attitude with you. I can't wait to see what the iPhone 5 has in store for us. Then android phones will have to one up it.

Everyone copies each other. I just hope this case will teach them not to be so obvious about it.

Edit: additionally I'll be on the Nexus bandwagon for quite awhile. I love how much I can customize everything that I would never be able to with an iDevice. From ROM to kernel to themes to suit my mood. People who buy iPhones like simplicity. And my wife's iPhone takes some amazing pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21