Trouble getting out of sleep mode

bteves

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased my nexus 7 16g tablet today. I'm having a hard time waking it from sleep/standby. Almost every time I've tried to wake it it was due to me holding the button as if I was going to power off. Once the power off option shows up I'm able to tap the screen and get into my Nexus 7. What the heck am I doing wrong?

bteves

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
It seems the factory reset has fixed my issues (fingers crossed). My buttons are finally responsive. I had no idea resetting would effect how the power and volume buttons functions. Lesson learned. Now I can finally enjoy N7

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It seems the factory reset has fixed my issues (fingers crossed). My buttons are finally responsive. I had no idea resetting would effect how the power and volume buttons functions. Lesson learned. Now I can finally enjoy N7
glad it worked for you... most would have suggested a reset!!! most time reset works.

Reactions: bteves

kieranmullen

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
how does 1 actually get this to sleep properly?
I checked the option in WiFi to only use it when plugged in but it still works when I use the mag cover or the button to make a sleep.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
how does 1 actually get this to sleep properly?
I checked the option in WiFi to only use it when plugged in but it still works when I use the mag cover or the button to make a sleep.
wifi sleep wont actually happen as soon as the display goes black. It will take some time.. keep the Nexus idle for some time and when you try to unlock the Nexus the wifi symbol wont be visible at the time and then it will connect.

not sure how the mag will work though.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci