Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/ 4.1.1 (both)

Default Android Default Browser

I was wondering if there's some way for me to get the old Android browser, which I think is just called browser, on my device? I still have some uses for Flash, and I don't really think that Chrome will ever support it.

And Firefox is flashing needlessly when I use flash.
    Droiderator

ROM
    Bugless Nexus

See the thread flash how to in the sticky. You will need the browser apk file and a app like root explorer that will let you edit or delete system files.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

You have to be rooted in order to get the regular browser to work on the nexus.
    I use xscope browser when I need to see flash. It's not free, but it's worth the few bucks. Firefox sucks on android imo(use it religiously on my pc though).

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Are you saying an unrooted Nexus 7 user can use xscope as a browser and have flash work? Would I need to do anything else besides downloading xscope?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannydeez82 View Post
    You have to be rooted in order to get the regular browser to work on the nexus.
    I use xscope browser when I need to see flash. It's not free, but it's worth the few bucks. Firefox sucks on android imo(use it religiously on my pc though).

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Android Default Browser

Look for an older version of dolphin browser. Flash works just fine for me on it.

Flash works on boat browser, no need to root and doesn't crash like the others

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by coachdvc View Post
    Are you saying an unrooted Nexus 7 user can use xscope as a browser and have flash work? Would I need to do anything else besides downloading xscope?
    Yes. The only other thing you have to do is download the flash.apk and install it. I think there's a sticky at the top of the forum with the link to the flash apk.
    EDIT: Here's the link: http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...out-flash.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/ 4.1.1 (both)

Default Re: Android Default Browser

I bought it.

It doesn't seem to like playing Facebook games, though.

Guess it's back to flashing firefox.

Global Posts
    483 Global Posts

So is the non-Chrome browser, like on the Galaxy Nexus, available for rooted devices?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums