games compatible with controller

Mongooze2

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone I got my hands on an otg cable to use with my wired Xbox 360 controller. I've tried it out and it works great with shadowgun and dead trigger.

I'm wondering what other games support use of the controller? I don't like using the touch screen controls so I don't want to spend the money on games that don't support controller use.

Nova 3 l looks really cool, anyone know anything about that? Any other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone I got my hands on an otg cable to use with my wired Xbox 360 controller. I've tried it out and it works great with shadowgun and dead trigger.

I'm wondering what other games support use of the controller? I don't like using the touch screen controls so I don't want to spend the money on games that don't support controller use.

Nova 3 l looks really cool, anyone know anything about that? Any other suggestions as well.

Thanks!

I know it works with Shadowgun, Dead Trigger, Sonic and a few others. A comprehensive list would be nice

Sent from my Nexus 7

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I wish it would work on the dark knight rises and final fantasy 3. But alas, it does not. :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gen2010

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
My N7 gets really hot when playing games with a wired after market ps3 controller. Does anyone else have this happen? Bluetooth keyboard doesn't do this. I'm thinking it might be because it's using the N 7 battery for power. Any tips?

vzwty

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
My N7 gets really hot when playing games with a wired after market ps3 controller. Does anyone else have this happen? Bluetooth keyboard doesn't do this. I'm thinking it might be because it's using the N 7 battery for power. Any tips?

It's because the N7 is powering the controller. I've noticed serious battery drain when using the USB OTG with my xbox controller and when using a thumb drive. Don't recall it getting hot though.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to add that if you use the SixAxis app (cost $2 but it is sooooo worth it) you can make any app work with your wireless (or maybe wired too) Dual Shock 3 or Sixaxis controller. Yes, this includes games with NO controller support at all!

Here's a post I made that briefly discusses it:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/196029-must-have-apps-2.html#post2030221

I was able to play Captain America using the D-pad and this is mostly a swipe-gesture-based game. I made the UP DOWN LEFT RIGHT swipes work with the controller's D-pad and it worked perfectly (even better than using your finger!).

Unfortunately, the game Captain America, while fun, is buggy as all hell, so be careful if you buy it. Seems like you have to uninstall and reinstall each and every time you wish to replay the game which include a 750MB download install each time as well (yeah, seriously). Even though the download screen says it's 250MB the Nexus 7 says the install file is 750 MB!

Edit: Here's a picture and a quick description that explains how a swipe-based game like Captain America works on your controller.

2012-08-29%2019.07.54.png

The controller is 'interacting' with the touchscreen making your Android device think your finger is touching it. The D-pad is creating a swiping motion, making the game think that you're sliding your finger on the screen. The start button pauses the game, the triangle button unpauses, while circle button makes you stop and square button throws your shield to attack enemies. And this is how you can make a large number of games work with your controller. Keep in mind not all games will work and you should think about how the game is played in advance to make sure it is properly functional in this way.

And finally tilt controls can not be emulated yet on a controller with the sixaxis app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mongooze2

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

Using the same setup with GTA III.

Sent from my SGSIII

Mongooze2

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the info chocoburger. I wish there was an app like this that worked for the Xbox controllers. I'll have to see if I can find a cheap ps3 controller on eBay because that would be great to be able to use it with any game.

Khomotso Molala

May 15, 2013
Visit site
M using a galaxy note 2 and I can't get both my wireless and wired controller to work. Shadowgun and all the other games do not work. Please help. What could be the problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol