Next Update for Nexus 7...your thoughts?

josh6113

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Curious as when and how soon we will see an update to the nexus 7.A lot of the problems seem to be software related except the screen lift and a few others.This being a goggle tablet I hope we see something within a week or 2.Let's use this thread to post our issues and what we would like added to our nexus 7's.The tablet is blazing fast but I would like to see a stability update pretty quickly.After returning my first nexus after 2 days because the screen became unresponsive and screen lift my second witch is a C60 had been perfect.My other was C70.The C60 also has a perfect calibration...colors look 10 times better that the C70 I had....weird I know but true.So post what fixes and features you want in an update.

odd1ne

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I carnt find anything wrong at all with mine, seems perfect. Only one thing I would change is I have to press the power button down like 30 seconds to turn it on that's the only thing that bothers me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually afraid of an update. Lol so far my tablet has been running like a champ and i'm afraid a update might mess that up. I honestly can't find too much wrong here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't really find anything wrong software wise. What I would like to see updated is Chrome, it sucks.

berrydroidapple

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I carnt find anything wrong at all with mine, seems perfect. Only one thing I would change is I have to press the power button down like 30 seconds to turn it on that's the only thing that bothers me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

That's normal with all Android devices

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
give it a few update for chrome.. it just released few months ago and it will only get better...

remember how chrome for desktop was at initial release??
with next release it will fix a lot of issues.

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Weird. I use chrome and i find it superior to foxfire beta, the other browser i use. At the same time i have absolutely no problems with my c60 n7 (so far.) i must be one lucky fella.

djnshores

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Google is waiting to see if Apple will come after them like they did Samsung. But I do wish they would fix the unresponsive touch screen issue. It is annoying having to open and close the case to fix the problem. Is appears to be a software issue.

carseller0822

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my third. 1st one had loose screen. 2nd one had the unresponsive touchscreen. This one has been PERFECT. Now excuse me while I go look for some wood to knock on.

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
There is one major software issue, which only I seem to bring up (on these boards at least) and that's the homescreen being glitchy after running the N7 for around 100 hours straight. Pretty much anything that is a widget is completely useless to me. They don't update and many (but not all) don't work.

For example, the built-in song finder on Jelly Bean no longer works. When I want to turn on WIFI using the widget, it doesn't light up, it remains off, even though WIFI is working. Plume Twitter widget doesn't update either.

However sometimes (like once every two days) the homescreen will 'refresh' itself (I don't know what makes it refresh itself), but it remains glitchy once again after that. I'm sure that if I just reboot my N7 that the homescreen glitches will be fixed, but I don't wanna turn it off! I'm at 811 hours running straight so far, why quit now?

Besides, I don't know how or why uptime would be related to homescreen glitches. Anyway, Google needs to fix that and we're golden, until it's time to serve us some Key Lime Pie. :D

somerussianguy

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I've experienced a couple of anomalies with my Nexus 7. First one, I had something completely annihilate my battery. It went from about 80% to 45% in about an hour. The issue was that I wasn't actually using the device during that time. It was a one-off event though, so I'm guessing it was just a glitch. The standby time on the Nexus 7 is usually excellent - it can go 5+ hours without dropping a single percentage point while it's idle.

The 2nd one, I've experienced a messed up lock-screen once. The time was on the bottom left and it stretched through the middle of the screen. Also, the unlock ring was sideways and on the right in the middle of the screen. I did unlock it and never had that issue again.

Can't really think of any other issues I've had.

One thing I do think Google can improve is the fluidity when opening Google Now. It seems a bit laggy, even if that whole opening animation takes less than 2 seconds. I also hate the way the search box drops down a bit right after loading Google Now. That forces you to click it twice or more because the first touch, before it drops down, doesn't register.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Option for Home Screen Rotation! Sick of forced Portrait mode and we shouldn't be forced to pay for 3rd party apps or flash ROMs to get the device to do something it should do natively out of the box! This isn't a phone, Google. Its a tablet! And often held in landscape mode for numerous things. We shouldn't be forced to hand games every time we view our home screen. Give us the option and let the USER choose which suits our needs best! :banghead:

Oh, speed up Chrome and add Ad-blocking please?!?

ju12zo

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll have a new Nexus 7 this week. The screen flicker just keeps happening so they are exchanging it. I really don't want to switch devices but it was enough of a flicker that I felt it warranted a call. Probably a bug fix but we'll see with the new one how it is. I never had any other issues. Never got a screen lift or laggy performance. Its been pretty solid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia