Please help me to understand...

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 browsers installed on my N7, chrome, dolphin and Firefox with the flash plugin. I tried watching the new Matchbox Twenty video on the huffington post site and all 3 browsers failed completely. All saying flash was missing.

Grabbed the iPad and opened the page and the video streamed instantly. How is that possible?

Eduardo06sp

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
In the forums, search "Flash Nexus 7". Look for something along the lines of "Flash Got You Down? Try This Fix".

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

rubrnek

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
In the browser options (at least for dolphin), set the page to render as ipad or Iphone and the Video will play

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: madlaw1071

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have to admit as much as I love my N7, Jelly Bean browsing leaves much to be desired. The experience is better on my S3 and my iPad.

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit as much as I love my N7, Jelly Bean Chrome browsing leaves much to be desired. The experience is better on my S3 and my iPad.

Did a little "fixed that for ya"...One of best improvements, in my opinion, when ICS was released was the Browser. When I heard Google was making a mobile version of Chrome, I assumed it could only be even better, but thus far I've actually been disappointed.

I've run ICS and JB on a few other devices, and the stock Browser runs great. I went from using Dolphin pretty much exclusively on my Galaxy Tab on GB to using the stock browser all the time.

The two things I really can't understand are:

- Why should there even be a difference between "Browser" and "Chrome" ...it's all Google, isn't it??? Why not have 1 browser with all the best features?

- Why didn't Google include the default browser with this tab?

Dannydeez82

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 browsers installed on my N7, chrome, dolphin and Firefox with the flash plugin. I tried watching the new Matchbox Twenty video on the huffington post site and all 3 browsers failed completely. All saying flash was missing.

Grabbed the iPad and opened the page and the video streamed instantly. How is that possible?

Try using xscope browser. Its the only one that works perfectly for me when viewing flash content. You have to pay for it, but google gave you $25 for free so it shouldnt be a big deal.

capslock118

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

I think the problem you are having is that, in JellyBean, Google implemented a context-sensitive search function, the purpose of which is to make sure you only watch and listen to high quality content and then refuse to play otherwise.

:-! all joking aside I have nothing to help you with.

dougltc

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
The two things I really can't understand are:

- Why should there even be a difference between "Browser" and "Chrome" ...it's all Google, isn't it??? Why not have 1 browser with all the best features?

- Why didn't Google include the default browser with this tab?

Here is my big WTF.... why no text reflow when I expand or shrink a window? Opera does that perfectly on gingerbread on my 2+ year old Evo 4g....

Of course iOS didn't have copy/cut/paste when it first came out, so big obvious missing features aren't new... just disappointing...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781