Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Eduardo06sp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cleaning your nexus 7 screen

I'm just wondering what is the best way to clean your Nexus 7 screen

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

I use my shirt or pants when cleaning my Samsung Galaxy 3 lol. I know it isn't a nexus 7 but I'm sure it is similar. Plus I have a screen protector so even easier to keep clean.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I use a small micro-fiber cloth a and clean it when I'm going to put it away for a while.

coronaboy10 likes this.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

Default Re: Cleaning your nexus 7 screen

http://www.amazon.com/Zwipes-Microfi...idcentral00-20

Any microfiber cloth like ^ is what you want to use. 5 seconds of wiping and the screen will be sparkling clean, like new, without the use of any cleaner.

Global Posts
    2,340 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I use a damp towel if it's really dirty, then a t-shirt if it has any streaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo06sp View Post
    I use a small micro-fiber cloth a and clean it when I'm going to put it away for a while.

Me too.

Last edited by muchby; 08-28-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Spacing

I use this

Its perfect!! It removes all the smudges you might have after using your phone.

I use a piece of fiber cloth to wipe for cleaning
    Last edited by still1; 08-28-2012 at 10:02 AM.

I normally wipe it with my eye glass microfiber cloth, but every now and then if it gets especially dirty/smudged (damn fried chicken, LOL) I'll use a cotton ball with isopropyl alcohol, not wet just damp. Then dry and buff with a clean soft cloth (old soft cotton tee shirts work great).
    Maxwell was the 1st "Smart" phone user......

Walmart, in their auto section has "glass cleaning microfiber cloths" you can get the smaller ones 2 for $2 I think and the larger ones 2 for $3 if memory serves. I have bought 10 of them and handed them out as gifts to my smartphone and tablet family and friends and every one I have given them to loves me for them. They are by far and way the best way to clean the glass screens IMHO.

Just remember when you wash microfiber (and eventually you will) DO NOT USE fabric softener.
    Thanked by:

Rubbing alcohol with a microfiber towel or some ammonia free glass cleaner always does the trick for all my glass touch devices.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

no need to use any chemicals... use a dry microfiber cloth and if it's extremely greasy, a very small amount of water in your microfiber cloth will do the trick...

i clean all my screens with either Klearscreen or windex if it won't come clean enough with Klearscreen. nice thing about klearscreen for touchscreens is that being a polymer, it leaves the screens slippery for sliding one's fingers or stylus, unlike how a screen feels after windexing. (i apply the liquids ONLY to the cotton cloth, so I don't want to hear a bunch of "OMG, you fool!" comments about damaging electronics with liquids). If I was GoodHousekeeping, I'd give Klearscreen my "seal of approval".

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    I use this

Its perfect!! It removes all the smudges you might have after using your phone.

I use a piece of fiber cloth to wipe for cleaning
    I find this to be the best method for cleaning screens.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini

I have a microfiber cloth that came with my beats headphones that I use on my one x and nexus 7 now.

ROM
    Stock

Microfiber, or if I happen to be wearing a clean cotton t-shirt I'll give it a quick rub against my belly (is that disturbing or what? LOL!)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    I find this to be the best method for cleaning screens.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini
    and its only $9.95 at amazon. last for at least a year and it comes with micro fiber cloth

Amazon.com: Monster CleanTouch Screen Cleaning Kit: Cell Phones & Accessories

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts

Damp microfiber. A tip from an eyeglasses shop: a tiny dab of Dawn dishwashing liquid applied to the damp microfiber for cleaning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I purchased this cleaner&cp=1&lp=1 when i purchased my tv this year. I use it to clean anything with a screen and its perfect.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

With a microfiber cloth there's really not a need to use any chemicals on the screen. It will look like new after 5-10 seconds of wiping.

Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock, Bugless Beast

Amazon.com: Antec Advance 3X Strength Cleaning Spray 240 mL + 60 mL: Computers & Accessories

I work in a lab and I needed something that is antibacterial. I'm not quite sure what the antibacterial agent in this cleaner is, but it works really well, helps keep fingerprints off my devices, and it smells good.

I think I have seen these at Walmart for $5 but you also get them with screen protectors (for cleaning before application) and monitor privacy filters.

It's a super fine, soft microfiber cloth. I usually see them with jagged edges.

comparison:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cleaning your nexus  7 screen-imag0057.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    i clean all my screens with either Klearscreen or windex if it won't come clean enough with Klearscreen. nice thing about klearscreen for touchscreens is that being a polymer, it leaves the screens slippery for sliding one's fingers or stylus, unlike how a screen feels after windexing. (i apply the liquids ONLY to the cotton cloth, so I don't want to hear a bunch of "OMG, you fool!" comments about damaging electronics with liquids). If I was GoodHousekeeping, I'd give Klearscreen my "seal of approval".

"OMG, you fool!" Klearscreen is not bio friendly......
    Maxwell was the 1st "Smart" phone user......

Baby wipes

I was always under the impression that you should NEVER use alcohol or glass cleaners containing chemicals on touch screens.....guess I was wrong...Anyway, to clean my screen I just use a dry microfiber cloth.....seems to do the trick just fine.

I use a cotton ball it get rids of smudges and dirt