How do I delete download history on Google play Nexus 7

anubis93611

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all, I was just wondering how to delete my download history on Google play on my new Nexus 7? Thanks for the help....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bleedblue

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
You don't. The list is a mess, expect it to be addressed at some point.

You can delete the search history, if by any chance that is what you meant.

anubis93611

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I wanted to be able to delete the apps that I have installed and deleted.. but show up in the all section...

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I wanted to be able to delete the apps that I have installed and deleted.. but show up in the all section...

ah, I see I'm not the only one that doesn't like a zillion downloaded/deleted apps showing up on my account forever. :)

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, this should be addressed by Google as soon as possible. I hope they give you the option to pick which apps are still shown under the "My Apps".

This especially annoying when you flash ROMs and the app you Want to install is something like "YouTube"!

NicholeTech

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Okay am I missing something here? Under the Google Play only installed apps show up, at least that is the way mine works. Deleted apps do not nor under setting apps.

If you are talking search history in Google Play the tap the three dots top right corner, select Setting, and clear search history.

If there is something else amiss and your 7 is keeping a list of all your app history. Somewhere something is set wrong cause they don't usually do that. Make sure you have no developer settings set that may cause that.

Edit. There is a keep activities setting for apps in the developer's setting. It keeps all apps activities.

Sent from Nexxie 7. Own your devices don't let them own you.
Unlocking, root, and hack...

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
No, what they mean is you go to the play store, tap the my apps button in the upper right, or menu button/my apps on a phone, and a list of installed apps comes up. If you swipe to the right, you then get a list of all apps downloaded on your google play account.

These cannot be thinned out from what i can tell. Some of the apps are listed more than once sometimes depending on version you downloaded or device specific versions, and sometimes even free and paid versions.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

larsp

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Google has a note on it here: Uninstalling Android apps - Google Play Help

"Permanently removing uninstalled apps

At this time, there is no way to permanently delete or remove apps from the Google Play website (My Orders/My Android Apps) or from the Google Play Store app (My Apps) that you?ve previously downloaded but have since uninstalled."​

It is a stupid mistake that you can't delete uninstalled apps. Now google play gives me suggestions on apps i might like based on apps i did not like and have uninstalled.

Fix it now google!

Reactions: dralezero

tmichael52

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Just go to apps choose downloads put check mark in the box next to the one you want to delete,this will open toolbar on top of screen,touch trashcan. Thomas :)

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand why people are bothered by All app section. the whole purpose of All app section is that if you purchase an app but not installed at all will be listed there as well.
Installing a free app would give an entry too.. the whole reason google is not letting you delete the app is because of purchased apps.

like today i bought an app on my tablet and when i went to install it on my phone it was listed on all app section and it was easy to install.

Dubbin1

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I dont understand why people are bothered by All app section. the whole purpose of All app section is that if you purchase an app but not installed at all will be listed there as well.
Installing a free app would give an entry too.. the whole reason google is not letting you delete the app is because of purchased apps.

like today i bought an app on my tablet and when i went to install it on my phone it was listed on all app section and it was easy to install.

Yeah so keep a list of paid apps and let us delete the rest...

patbell101

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I just found out! Pull down the download list, press the icon of one item and choose app info. Then you can clear data, not sure if clear cache does it since I did both, lost no files but cleared the list.