Turn off keyboard predictive text....

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Settings --> Language & Input. Find Android Keyboard, click on settings for that. You can change the options from there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There is no Android Keyboard selection. There is a msung Keyboard selection, but no parameters, such as "Predictive Text". What now?

This is a Nexus 7 forum ... are you asking about a Samsung device? I assume the "msung" Keyboard selection is supposed to be "Samsung."

To the OP, what do you mean by predictive text? Do you mean auto correct? The only predictive text that the stock Android keyboard can do is suggestions. Are you referring to Swift key's predictive text?

Sent from my A500 using Android Central Forums

smankins

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
You should have keyboard(s) listed at the settings page mentioned above and then tap on the slider icon to the right of the keyboard you want to modify. The settings menu items you then see would be different for each keyboard. Most I have seen with predictive text have a way to turn that feature off.

bigjimb028

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Settings
Lnguage and Input
Keyboard and Input methods
click the settings icon to the right of "Android keyboard"
Auto correction, click OFF

Does this help?

Nicoleta Gn

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Dude thanks for the help. I have a Samsung i9001 and recently instaled on it Android 4.0.4 and after it I realized that this ROM dosen't have a T9 option like the rest of the before ROM's like Androit 2.3. It was stressing me out, I hate predictive text options. So I realized that the key is going to Language and Input then Android Keyboard and then Auto Correction and checked the OFF circle :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox