Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Swype Update is out!

There's a new update for swype. I'm not sure what the changes are (can't find them anywhere) but it does seem a little faster and so far seems to have stopped making mistakes it used to make when using firefox for android.

Changelog
    --------------
    Fixed bug on HTC Sense devices where Dragon Dictation wasn't functional.
    Re-introduced Japanese language support.
    Significant improvements in text editing (gestures to Shift words are more relevant and forgiving, punctuation gesture improvements, etc.).
    Implicit add to dictionary functionality improved (quarantine mechanism more consistent).
    Fixed 'bouncing' Chinese spelling list bug.
    We have updated the text message scanning mechanism to run in the background and automatically learn the words and language model from the user (this is why "SMS" is no longer available in Swype Settings > Swype Connect > Enable Personalization)
    Advanced Language Modeling introduced for Arabic, Czech, Romanian, Russian, and Slovak.
    Various improvements in accuracy.
    Implemented workarounds to handle cursor placement/text editing behavior a bit better in Google Chrome.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Swype Update is out!

side loading only, correct?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    side loading only, correct?
    Sort of yes, and no. If you already have Swype installed, then go into swype (bring up the keyboard and long-press on the swype key) and go into updates. it'll download it in there. You do have to allow "unknown sources" but it'll download and install right from within Swype.
    Thanked by:
    Tervz 

Testing testing, sweet!
    No more jumping when you try to delete the previous word!
    My Nexus 7 is complete

Yes! Two major improvements....No more jumping around when deleting a word, and the auto spacing works when typing directly into the address bar (like in chrome for example)

Still doesn't work properly with Boat Browser so I'm stuck with Chrome again. Ugh.

Spoke too soon.
    Looks like there's still an issue with random jumping although not as bad. At least on one of the websites i was trying to pay on. This one works just fine now.
    I wonder if it depends on a website.

I found, after the update, when writing a text message and sending right after swyping the last word, that the word is added into the text field again.
    It does leave the word in the sent text message, but adds it again.

Sent from my XT875 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp6825 View Post
    I found, after the update, when writing a text message and sending right after swyping the last word, that the word is added into the text field again.

They need a better SQA team.

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Sort of yes, and no. If you already have Swype installed, then go into swype (bring up the keyboard and long-press on the swype key) and go into updates. it'll download it in there. You do have to allow "unknown sources" but it'll download and install right from within Swype.
    Not on my version. There is no update option

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Note 2

ROM
    CM 9.1

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    Not on my version. There is no update option

Go to settings>Language and input>Swype Settings>Updates

Doesn't have that option in my version 3.26.92.xxxx

Samsung Note 2

The update is for Swype Beta, not for any older versions.

There is yet another Swype Beta out now. offers three different keyboard layouts for tablets: the original keyboard, a small and moveable keyboard, and a split keyboard.

Does anyone know how to change the keyboard layout on the N7? I may be missing it... of course, it could also be related to DPI settings or something too.

It would seem to me that a split keyboard would entirely defeat the purpose of swyping...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_nobody View Post
    It would seem to me that a split keyboard would entirely defeat the purpose of swyping...
    lol, I agree... I would love to have the smaller keyboard in landscape mode though

not for me. i'd prefer a much smaller KB for Swyping.
    Samsung Note 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysus View Post
    Does anyone know how to change the keyboard layout on the N7? I may be missing it... of course, it could also be related to DPI settings or something too.
    UPDATE: It is a DPI thing... Swype considers the N7 to be a phone based on the screen resolution. Plenty of chatter about it on the .

Apparently a new button appears in the bottom right (with an option to change the keyboard) when in tablet mode.

Installed but can't permanently select the swype keyboard. Guess I'll have to delete and reinstall. Pita.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Just installed it and all is working great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

I have the same problem on my Galaxy Nexus. After update it won't let me choose Swype as default keyboard. According to what I read on their site they are aware of some problems with the update and will be pushing out a fix today.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp6825 View Post

I have the same thing happen in the stock (Gingerbread) SMS app on my HTC Thunderbolt, but that happens no matter what keyboard I'm using. For a while, I was saving draft text messages without realizing it whenever I'd close an SMS chat.

Then one day, I rebooted and they all sent.

Good times, Good times.

times.

On Facebook a lot of people having saying Swype "isn't working" or "just sucks" for those on 4.1.2. I asked for specifics, but no one has responded to me yet. Anyone here having the same issue?

Is it the default keyboard issue some of you here are speaking of?
    @PegCityNerd

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall View Post
    On Facebook a lot of people having saying Swype "isn't working" or "just sucks" for those on 4.1.2. I asked for specifics, but no one has responded to me yet. Anyone here having the same issue?
    It works generally well for me.... I lost the dictionary when upgrading, but it was only a few days old as I rooted my N7 on Wednesday.

Ver 4.1.2 auto spacing is not not working in Dolphin or Chrome on NEXUS 7 ???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast