Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MHBlink8
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HBO GO now on Nexus 7 ...

...an update today has it working on Jellybean. I was seriously bummed when I got my Nexus 7 and that app wasn't available. Pretty happy about this.

Default Re: HBO GO now on Nexus 7 ...

Quote Originally Posted by grobe View Post
    ...an update today has it working on Jellybean. I was seriously bummed when I got my Nexus 7 and that app wasn't available. Pretty happy about this.
    I went to install it on the first day and saw that it wasn't compatible and I was slightly pissed. They took forever to get it to work on ICS as well.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Yeah it's a good app, can't wait to put the iPad away lol

Quote Originally Posted by grobe View Post
    ah, it still doesn't install... (see my thread)
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dave1812dave View Post
    ah, it still doesn't install... (see my thread)
    Even when it says it's compatible? I'll find out once Horn finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Even when it says it's compatible? I'll find out once Horn finishes.
    it says it isn't compatible, on my nexus 7. AAMOF I can't even find it via searching the Play Store. I can only get the HBO Go app page by choosing it from my list of previous android apps (it is on my Bionic).
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

it says it isn't compatible, on my nexus 7. AAMOF I can't even find it via searching the Play Store. I can only get the HBO Go app page by choosing it from my list of previous android apps (it is on my Bionic).
    Weird. I did it from the browser. FWIW, AC was able to get it to DL because they have a review it on their page.

i can run HBO Go in a browser, but I can't get the app from the playstore. if you know of link to sideload, I'm all "ears".
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

i can run HBO go FROM a browser, but I can't get the app from the playstore. if you know of link to sideload, I'm all "ears".
    No need to sideload. Go to here ==>

Select your Nexus 7 and download away. It should download, it did on mine.
    Thanked by:

awesome. installed. playing a video now. THANKS! (and I was about to share this link: which states that they REMOVED Jelly Bean support !!!

it's a shame that the video is jerky, unlike Netflix. darn it. better than nothing, but I'd prefer that I not have to feel like I'm watching an old Charlie Chaplin flick.
    Last edited by dave1812dave; 08-30-2012 at 05:10 PM.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

it's a shame that the video is jerky, unlike Netflix. darn it. better than nothing, but I'd prefer that I not have to feel like I'm watching an old Charlie Chaplin flick.
    Yeah it's like that on the iPad too, unfortunately.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Yeah, I have noticed the difference also using the two streaming services on my Xbox. Netflix is pretty solid, but HBO has some quality issues to work on. I don't know what they are doing differently, but since the HBO app is pretty new I assume they are going to improve it as it ages. Some great content on HBO, however so it is bearable for now.

Global Posts
    312 Global Posts

working great for me.

Was able to search the Play store, install without issue and play videos. Video I watched (Veep) was smooth, but I have a 25mb internet connection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Yeah it's like that on the iPad too, unfortunately.
    Hmmm not on my ipad3. Smoooooth as butter.

my internet is just as fast as yours so that's not the issue. Netflix plays great on my n7 as I said before

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Samsung Note 2

Does Netflix and HBO GO playback 720/1080p video? I watched 1 video on each service and it doesn't seem to be HD crispy like my living room TV. Am I expecting too much from my little N7?

Quote Originally Posted by cashiskingnyc View Post
    Does Netflix and HBO GO playback 720/1080p video? I watched 1 video on each service and it doesn't seem to be HD crispy like my living room TV. Am I expecting too much from my little N7?

netflix is as APPARENTLY sharp as on my bigscreen tv, but i don't know the resolution. it's very impressive. it might even be just 720, but it looks awesome regardless of the specs. the only thing I would like to see is more vibrant color, but hey, for $250 bucks, and with good off-axis viewing, I'm not complaining

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Was given a Nexus 7 as a gift today. The Play store says that HBO GO is not compatible. Is this because the N7 is now running Android 4.2?

I suspect so! HBO Go ran fine on 4.1.2, but when I upgraded to 4.2, I got sound with no video.

Totally disgusted with the look and feel of 4.2; I flashed 4.1.2 back on to my Nexus 7, and I'm much happier!

Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jellybean

I emailed HBO about the app and this is the response I got, so it looks like they are working on it now.

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. The HBO GO/MAX GO App does not currently support Android 4.2. Please stay tuned as a new version of the application with support for Android 4.2 is coming soon!

Thank you,
    The HBO GO Team
    Thanked by 2:
    credoMikeNM 
    credo likes this.