Nexus 7 screen white balance

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
While I'm happy in general, the screen is lacking some saturation and the white balance is off to colder side. Is it unique to mine that U get to wonder.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hard to tell - my Gnex is pretty cold, on purpose, so to me the N7 is really warm. That being said, I'm hoping to get some color saturation soon when I get home, root, and find a kernel that will allow it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
mine is warm; my wife's is neutral. My bionic is extremely blue. OUr several iPod touches screen temps all vary also

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hard to tell - my Gnex is pretty cold, on purpose, so to me the N7 is really warm. That being said, I'm hoping to get some color saturation soon when I get home, root, and find a kernel that will allow it.

My thoughts precisely.

7stringer

I have The Rickets
Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't know for sure, but I would highly doubt one exists. Most of the color tuning is at the kernel level, which naturally requires root to mess with.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Is there any app to let us tweak white balance or saturation? I don't want to install custom ROMs.

This occurs typically by using a modification done (or riding on) the kernel. While that itself does not require root access, any app that is used to control it would have to use access. So while you won't need a custom rom per se, you would need a custom kernel and an accompanying act.

Toast95135

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
IMO, the colors are more true then most other screens (especially Samsung). My only gripe is that I wish I could dial down the gamma some, it loses detail in whites compared to my other devices.

Other then that no complaints. The screen isn't as nice as my Evo Lte but that's a $600 device and the screen on that probably costs more then the entire N7 :-$

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki