Searching Google Play Store for Gangstar Rio

dodonexus

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi there are a number of Gameloft games on sale so I was interested in Gangstar Rio for 69p. When I search Play Store using my nexus 7 it does not come up in the results. I don't understand why it will not find it!
Please can someone search for it on their nexus 7 to see if they can get it in their results?
And if it doesnt appear how can I get this game? I can see it (and purchase it) on my PC on the Play Store but I don't know how I would then be able to transfer it over to the nexus 7.

I can find Modern Combat 3 and NOVA so I don't know why Rio won't appear

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason it's not compatible with the Nexus 7 (or my Thrive 10 either, for that matter). When you are on the PC, in the area underneath the Buy/Purchase button, there will be box that states whether the title is compatible with all, some or none of your devices.

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if I should buy it on sale and hope for a Nexus 7 update or not. I can purchase it for my HTC Inspire. It lets me choose that online. The other games (Modern Combat 3 and N.O.V.A 3) by the same company, Gameloft, are supported. So maybe they will update Gangstar Rio

Chocoburger

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I too was confused. It's not so much about the graphics, N7 can run the game no problem, but it's not fully tested yet on the N7 so Gameloft won't 'tag' the game as compatible, thus no install.

I was a bit annoyed that Backstab was also not compatible with the N7,I had to play it on my crappy Droid Charge (single core - low ram) and it had a lot of performance issues.

On the upside my Droid has HDMI out, so I played it on my big screen TV.

Oh and I tried to take my .apk from my phone and to install on my N7, which did install but Gameloft servers won't allow a file download unless if it is compatible. So you can't play it, unless if maybe you could trick the server into thinking you're using a compatible device. But I have no idea how to do something like that.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci