Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jedi Neo
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Looking for a way to convert iTunes files to play on Google

Is there a way to convert iTunes files so I can play them on Google Music? Seems Google Music can't read .mp4 files........any ideas??? Thanks!

Default Re: Looking for a way to convert iTunes files to play on Google

I'm not sure if this will work, but click on a song then click on Advanced at the top of iTunes then select 'Create MP3 Version'. I'm guessing you're using songs that were downloaded back when Apple added DRM? I've never had issues with songs downloaded from iTunes then placed onto my Android phone and tablet.
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.

When uploading music from the play music manager don't you just add the folder where your iTunes music is stored on your computer and it converts it for you?
    There is no spoon
    Eduardo06sp likes this.

if the files are not drm just use music manager to upload itunes music. its an option in music manager.

if the files are drm protected google search "how to remove drm protection in itunes.
    here is one way iTunes Tutorial - How to Remove DRM From iTunes Songs

remove drm and use it in google music.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Use iTunes match to upload music and remove DRM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flak1969 View Post
    Use iTunes match to upload music and remove DRM.
    itunes match doesnt remove DRM... all it does is scan your drm free musiccollection and provide you with the same drm music in the cloud.

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    ROM
    Both are rooted, stock

Just rip the aac files to MP3s using iTunes. ;-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Rhoq

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    itunes match doesnt remove DRM... all it does is scan your drm free musiccollection and provide you with the same drm music in the cloud.

If you download a matched track to a secondary iTunes library, however, you will get whatever version the iTunes Store has matched it with -- meaning the 256kbps DRM-free version. Similarly, if you were to delete the track from your original iTunes library, you could re-download the "matched" version in 256kbps AAC format.

I've worked with Google tech support repeatedly, to resolve the problem with Music Manager failing to upload most of my music, despite it being in the correct format. they have been unable to resolve it, so far. My music is m4a--music ripped from my own CD's, using itunes. They have received songs from me, in attachments to emails and they THOUGHT they had found the problem, but I still can't load about 1,000 of my songs. I've given up trying to make it work, at this point.

iTunes match does remove the DRM. After iTunes matches all your music in your library all the tracks should have a cloud next to them showing they are now in the cloud. After that, I just deleted the songs on my hard drive library and downloaded the cloud version which is DRM free. Once I did all that Google music manager was able to upload all my iTunes music to the Google cloud.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

would doubletwist work here? i mean then you can just mirror your itunes right?