Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Horizontal Lines: Is my Nexus defective, or is this normal?

I don't know if it's worth fussing over, but I keep getting random horizontal lines that last disappear in the blink of an eye. I feel like I'm watching Fight Club or something.

Has this happened to you? They appear no matter what I'm doing, and occur a few minutes apart; I've been seeing them ever since I turned it on the first time. I don't know if I want to go through the nuisance of ASUS reps and RMA's.

Anyone know if these horizontal lines are just that, or if they are indicative of faulty firmware/hardware/etc, or will likely cause further issues in the future? If so, I definitely want to get it replaced.

Default Re: Horizontal Lines: Is my Nexus defective, or is this normal?

Completely normal

I thought I noticed that too. I undid the Auto Brightness under display settings thinking that might have been causing the lines. Haven't noticed them since, but then again I forgot to look out for changes HTH.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

I noticed that mine does that occasionally. I definitely don't see it every few minutes though, I see it maybe once every day or two

I was just kidding bros. That should definitely not be happening and is most definitely not normal.

I use developer options > show pointer location all day and it never does the lines. But regular use it get them in various apps. If I turn off WiFi it will usually make it happen on purpose (constantly) when trying to load the Tapatalk Android Central Forums app.

I have also read that Motley's kernel fixed it. But I don't find much talk about this issue as much as the other issues.

My auto brightness is always off and a low brightness or all the way down.