My DIY Nexus 7 and Galaxy Nexus Combo Stand

Run L1ke H3LL

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
This is what you get on a boring Friday night.

Parts:
DVD case
White cardboard
Whiteout
Ducktape
Glue stick

I took a spare DVD case I had lying around (bonus points cause it's white and matches my desk). Then I fashioned it into a tablet stand. You do this by taking off the plastic and bending the tabs outwards. Then you secure the case in some way so that it doesn't slide. I have no string so I ducktaped the case open.

Then I took some cardboard and bent it into the proper shape to fit the Galaxy Nexus. I took an even smaller piece of cardboard and used that to make sure the Galaxy Nexus wouldn't slide out of place. I secured that using the glue stick.

Then I painted everything in whiteout to make it nice and sharp.

Obviously this could be much cleaner looking if I had the right parts but this is what I could make due with in my new apartment which has basically nothing in it.

Enjoy :-*

IMG000121.jpg

2012-09-01%2002.27.07.jpg

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
if you are still bored make one for me!!

Just take an unused DVD case, remove the outer plastic & push the tabs through the holes...not too much though or they'll break off (I already broke one but have tons of backups!).

Last edited:

dralezero

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Nice. I got a couple black DVD cases. They are new with blanks, but I think I have some from the free AOL disks. I'll try this. Im running out of room on my desk ^_^

metalgeek

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Awesome man. I just stapled the plastic insert cover into position to get the right angle. Thanks old Windows Server 2003 installation CD case! (and Run L1ke H3LL)

foofighter#AC

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
this is awesome, i have a HUGE center armrest in my FLEX and it's a perfect location to hold the N7 for my kids in the 2nd row to watch videos while we're out driving and this is the perfect setup.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Very clever! Better save those DVD cases before they become extinct! I don't think Blu-ray cases would work as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma