Gosh darn it, I love this tablet

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So, I was sitting here using my tablet to surf the forums, and have just been feeling overwhelmingly great about this thing. I've had it for almost a month now, and I am just wildly impressed with it. I've had a few tablets and ereaders in the past: Nook Color > Acer A500 > Nook simple touch > Nook Tablet. This is by far the best one I've owned, and probably the best I've used (where I use to work, there were Asus, Moto, and Apple tablets EVERYWHERE, my sister also has an iPad 2).

I really hope that someone doesn't come into this forum and decide NOT to buy one thanks to all the negative forum posts about it. I think this thing is great and is built just fine. It's even been dropped from hip height a couple of times, thanks to a cat, and carried around in my manbag to quite a number of places, and is still holding up better than some of my other devices have.

Okay, my gush over the tablet is finished. You may go back to your normal forum reading/posting.

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Mine goes with me everywhere. I get my personal and business email pushed to me, I can use Office Communicator for my work chat, Yahoo Messenger, AIM and Microsoft Messenger for personal chats. Can send and receive text messages with Tablet Talk on the N7 and my Rezound. Can read, edit and send/receive documents (Kingsoft Office = Free). Watch a movie or pop it in my pocket and listen to music via my bluetooth stereo headset.

The owner of the local pub got an iPad and was telling and showing everyone how "cool" it was. After I brought my N7 in and was using it at the bar (free wifi for customers), showing them that I'm getting email and chatting with people at work during lunch, she said that was "really cool". I asked where her iPad was. At home, the kids use it to play games. It's real easy to use. But when she tried to set it up it she couldn't get things to work right with her network at home or work. And it's difficult to hold while watching movies because of the size. Has to set it on her lap or a table because it gets tiring. Now that Jobs is gone I guess Apple figured out that a 7" tab is a viable option. But now their changing all their connectors so that it can't be used with existing accessories everyone I know that owns iPods, iPod touches, iPads and iPhones are pissed that they have to spend the money on new docks etc. etc. if they get the 7" iPad due to come out.

Loving my N7

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Agreed here -

I've had mine since the day before "release day" (was lucky enough to get it from my local GS before they locked down the sales :) )

I'm running stock/rooted/unlocked with the tablet UI DPI tweak with most recent beta apex launcher. This device has FAR exceeded my expectations. I've used it everywhere since I've bought it, home, work, travel, my fantasy draft.... heck all the guys with their iPads kept asking me if I had a mini iPad :D

Regarding the build quality - mine has been perfect as well. No screen lift, no dead pixels, it does have some minor screen bleed though less than my iPad 2 :eek:, no flicker, screen has been great with occasional blip of single line across the screen in particular applications (believe this to be a software issue - not hardware)

All in all a fantastic device - in fact one colleague I showed it to this past week indicated that he was going to grab one after I showed him mine. IMHO the price/performance/ portability of this tablet makes it the one to beat

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Younjulius

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
IPad is a better tablet with bigger better screen and more apps. UI design is more intuitive as well.

However my new iPad stays home while nexus 7 comes with me everywhere. The size is perfect and connectivity is outstanding.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
IPad is a better tablet with bigger better screen and more apps. UI design is more intuitive as well.

However my new iPad stays home while nexus 7 comes with me everywhere. The size is perfect and connectivity is outstanding.

Lol. Open your app drawer. You now are looking at iOS's "intuitive UI design" - a list of app icons with nothing else.

flacousa

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
For what I have read the iPad mini will be closer to 8" than 7" if that is the case many will be as happy when they see me stick the N7 in my jeans back pocket and they can't'.

Sent from my Nexus 7

mkoronka

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had my N7 for less than a week now. I am a touch over weight, pleasing plump as I call it. I am happier than a pig in slop with this thing. Need I say more?

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site

No, it's really not better. The iPad and every other 10 inch tablet is too big and bulky. Downright ugly to me. The iPad might have more apps, but it's well known that Android has more free apps. What's more, a recent study showed that iPad apps crash more often than Android apps. In every way that matters to me, the Nexus 7 is a far superior tablet.

RichardRight

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
For what I have read the iPad mini will be closer to 8" than 7" if that is the case many will be as happy when they see me stick the N7 in my jeans back pocket and they can't'.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Exactly. Even the nook color was a tad bit too big for me thanks to the outside case. I can imagine liking an 8 inch tablet like the so called iPad mini. For me, 7 inches is the perfect size. Not to mention that the reports I've read say the iPad mini will cost quite a bit more.

anfroid

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I've got big hands i guess and i can hold the nexus pretty comfortably in one hand. The whole idea of a tablet is to be more portable than a laptop per say, id rather have something big enough, but not too big, the iPad is almost like carrying a laptop. Just my opinion.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I really like the size and speed (quite a leap from the Tegra2 A500 I tried last year), video is a bit disappointing. But our beloved Android Central app, Chrome, etc are superb on this.

Then yesterday I tried Osmos and Quell Reflect on it.... :cool: Then installed the Glowball demo for Tegra3.... :D :cool:

I like the build quality, too, for a $175 tablet (factoring in the Play credit). I think Google hit it outta the ball park by leaving off extraneous doodads like back camera, but pumping up core value (screen, cpu, OS).

// Sent using the Android Central app //

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never found good value in tablet cameras. I've tried to use them in the past, but prefer to stick with my phone or nice DSLR. Just not enough portability or value in a tablet camera. So I fully supported the removal of the camera. I have in fact questioned why they felt the need to put cameras on tablets in the first place.

Roberto Lancini

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm also absolutely feeling the love...sold my iPad 3 to somebody at work, daughter iPad 1 to Nextworth and bought us each a nexus 7.... haven't regretted it one bit...I can't believe how comfortable this thing is...had been telling the ifreak I work with 7" tablets were pointless all the time he's jacked up for his to be iPad mini...pulled the trigger thinking I could always go back... sincerely can't see that happening...an absolute pleasure to use...it should prolly be stated that I used my iPads for mostly reading and was intrigued by the portability...never had a desire for a fire or nook ecosystem...always had non iPhones til a few months ago but thinking I was seemingly enjoy my ipads so dumped thunderbolt for iPhone 4s and after 4 months (jail broken) upgraded to an S3 ...missed android customization, flexablity, tweakability..... ultimately it was android phones that made me want an android tablet....had always entertained transformers but they seemed to have issues....glad I waited....yay me....:)

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I've never found good value in tablet cameras. I've tried to use them in the past, but prefer to stick with my phone or nice DSLR. Just not enough portability or value in a tablet camera. So I fully supported the removal of the camera. I have in fact questioned why they felt the need to put cameras on tablets in the first place.

It'd just be a nice little extra for certain apps. Like in evernote, if I ever wanted to snap a pic of something to remember it, or if I wanted to use an app that 'scans' into PDFs, or if I wanted to share photos on instagram/fb. A little sillyon a larger tablet, but understandable for a 7" one.

Definitely not a deal breaker, but I wouldn't have minded the option to pay a little more for one. I would never use it as anrekacement for a DSLR though, just for use with certain apps.

DeeNusser

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Me too. Everyday I am finding new cool things. With my case which puts my tablet to sleep-the battery is lasting forever. I am at 82% on battery now 8 hours after charging it.

I could swear that it's faster then my HP laptop. Also using Google voice a lot more with this tablet.

Very happy I bought it. I agree with others.for the price it can't be beat-at this time.:-*

rootbrain

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
It'd just be a nice little extra for certain apps. Like in evernote, if I ever wanted to snap a pic of something to remember it, or if I wanted to use an app that 'scans' into PDFs, or if I wanted to share photos on instagram/fb. A little sillyon a larger tablet, but understandable for a 7" one.

Definitely not a deal breaker, but I wouldn't have minded the option to pay a little more for one. I would never use it as anrekacement for a DSLR though, just for use with certain apps.

I've used the front camera for that. Look at the screen and hold the item to the camera and snap. Works for most things. Even easier to take pictures of me and my friends around a table during parties and etc because I can see what I'm snapping.

drakeit

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Have to agree I love the Nexus 7, its my first tablet but I have setup a few iPads for clients and much prefer it. Still haven't explored it fully as it is one of several new adroid devices recently purchased and needed to learn.

quadtronix

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Have had the N7 for 3 days and Im loving every minute of it. Still use my other devices when its resting but most of the time Im on the N7 either browsing, ereading or watching youtube videos. I wana play shadowgun on it soon. Already have it on my phone. Between the qc soc and the sharp screen and jb... this tablet is a 10/10!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2