Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree6Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!



    Well, I finally reached my goal of 1000 hours of up time! (I forgot to take a screenshot at exactly the 1000 hour mark like I had planned--whoops! )
    Jelly Bean, while quite a stable OS, still has a few issues. At around the 150 hour mark, I noticed my homescreen was glitching and widgets either would not work or they would work but would not update properly.

    An example would be me pressing the WIFI control widget and while WIFI would indeed work just fine, the widget itself would not light up showing that it was on (but the notification bar showed WIFI). The opposite would be true at times, where WIFI was off, but the widget showed that it was on.

    Other widgets like Plume (Twitter app) simply refused to work. Oh well. I've also run into a ton of music stuttering while performing other operations such as installing or updating apps or switching between apps.

    I'm fairly certain that a quick reboot would have solved all these issues, but I am OCD and I wanted to see how long I can keep my N7 on. I did run into a few 'scares' along the way, where I had thought my N7 would force itself to reboot or shutdown on its own (like my crappy Droid Charge does), sometimes pressing the power button to turn on the screen would result in a 4 second delay and on a few occasions the system would freeze up for a little bit.

    But every single time, my tablet made it out okay in the end! The fact that I have reached 1001 hours (close to 48 days straight!) is a testament to Jelly Bean and the Nexus 7. It's not perfect, but it damn well is rock solid!

    Good job Google and Asus!
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Huh, mine's at about 198 hours of uptime and I don't seem to have the same problems with widgets as you do (well, except for Google Reader widget updating the "new" count, but it's never really worked correctly). I may try this 1000 hour thing, too. Then again, the only reason I'm at such a low uptime right now is because I let the tablet die on accident one day. Played a game for a couple of hours, surfed the net, read a book, and then set it down in sleep mode, not plugged in, overnight. completely dead the next day. >_<
  3. #3  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocoburger View Post


    Well, I finally reached my goal of 1000 hours of up time! (I forgot to take a screenshot at exactly the 1000 hour mark like I had planned--whoops! )
    Jelly Bean, while quite a stable OS, still has a few issues. At around the 150 hour mark, I noticed my homescreen was glitching and widgets either would not work or they would work but would not update properly.

    An example would be me pressing the WIFI control widget and while WIFI would indeed work just fine, the widget itself would not light up showing that it was on (but the notification bar showed WIFI). The opposite would be true at times, where WIFI was off, but the widget showed that it was on.

    Other widgets like Plume (Twitter app) simply refused to work. Oh well. I've also run into a ton of music stuttering while performing other operations such as installing or updating apps or switching between apps.

    I'm fairly certain that a quick reboot would have solved all these issues, but I am OCD and I wanted to see how long I can keep my N7 on. I did run into a few 'scares' along the way, where I had thought my N7 would force itself to reboot or shutdown on its own (like my crappy Droid Charge does), sometimes pressing the power button to turn on the screen would result in a 4 second delay and on a few occasions the system would freeze up for a little bit.

    But every single time, my tablet made it out okay in the end! The fact that I have reached 1001 hours (close to 48 days straight!) is a testament to Jelly Bean and the Nexus 7. It's not perfect, but it damn well is rock solid!

    Good job Google and Asus!
    I knew you were going to get it done!! lol Great job! Lemme see what mine is lol.
  4. #4  

    Default

    Wow, you guys must not like your Nexus 7 that much. I charge mine every other day.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I knew you were going to get it done!! lol Great job! Lemme see what mine is lol.
    Ah, I was hoping you'd see this thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo06sp View Post
    Wow, you guys must not like your Nexus 7 that much. I charge mine every other day.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Um, this is not related to battery life, I can't imagine any handheld device lasting 48 days on a single charge, even in sleep mode. I charged the battery many times, this is "Up time" (check your About tablet settings to see yours).


    EXPECT ANOTHER POST IN 48 MORE DAYS!! LOL!!
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.
    F34R likes this.
  6. #6  
    dpridgen's Avatar

    Posts
    95 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    1168 hours now for me.
  7. #7  
    Curtis A's Avatar

    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

    Default

    Nice job! Unfortunately I have to reboot my N7 about every 48 hours or so because the touch screen becomes laggy or unresponsive.

    But I am almost up to 800hrs on my Sgs3 :-)

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    my uptime is at 96 hours lol
  9. #9  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Nevermind
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 09-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    I'll never make it that far. Mine and shutdown itself twice in the last 5 days. Did screen off and put it in my pocket, a couple of hours later the screen wouldn't turn on, had to use power button and of course it went to Google screen then the boot ani and back up.

    Don't know why.
    Maxwell was the 1st "Smart" phone user......
  11. #11  
    KitN's Avatar

    Posts
    485 Posts
    Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

    Default

    I just got my replacement so I only have 35 hours uptime, lol.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  12. #12  
    scooter7's Avatar

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Just checked mine and I'm at 945 hours. I'm not sure how much longer I can make it, as it is starting to ask for a restart with some lag here and there. A little bit longer and it may be begging for a restart.
  13. #13  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocoburger View Post
    Ah, I was hoping you'd see this thread!



    Um, this is not related to battery life, I can't imagine any handheld device lasting 48 days on a single charge, even in sleep mode. I charged the battery many times, this is "Up time" (check your About tablet settings to see yours).


    EXPECT ANOTHER POST IN 48 MORE DAYS!! LOL!!
    Lol!!!! Yeah, I saw it, and was smiling pretty largely lol. Mine is at ~ 432.5 hrs right now.
  14. #14  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Goodness. Mine will break the 1000hr mark today!!!! less than seven hours and counting baby!!!
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Geez, I encounter an unauthorized, unannounced, self-reboot about once a week! But then again, I'm in and out of several different apps (with about 250 total on my N7) for about 10 hours a day. Maybe that makes a difference.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by Chocoburger View Post


    Well, I finally reached my goal of 1000 hours of up time! (I forgot to take a screenshot at exactly the 1000 hour mark like I had planned--whoops! )
    Jelly Bean, while quite a stable OS, still has a few issues. At around the 150 hour mark, I noticed my homescreen was glitching and widgets either would not work or they would work but would not update properly.

    An example would be me pressing the WIFI control widget and while WIFI would indeed work just fine, the widget itself would not light up showing that it was on (but the notification bar showed WIFI). The opposite would be true at times, where WIFI was off, but the widget showed that it was on.

    Other widgets like Plume (Twitter app) simply refused to work. Oh well. I've also run into a ton of music stuttering while performing other operations such as installing or updating apps or switching between apps.

    I'm fairly certain that a quick reboot would have solved all these issues, but I am OCD and I wanted to see how long I can keep my N7 on. I did run into a few 'scares' along the way, where I had thought my N7 would force itself to reboot or shutdown on its own (like my crappy Droid Charge does), sometimes pressing the power button to turn on the screen would result in a 4 second delay and on a few occasions the system would freeze up for a little bit.

    But every single time, my tablet made it out okay in the end! The fact that I have reached 1001 hours (close to 48 days straight!) is a testament to Jelly Bean and the Nexus 7. It's not perfect, but it damn well is rock solid!

    Good job Google and Asus!
    you're crazy man!
  17. #17  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    I'm about to do the update that I've been neglecting lol. 1578 hours and 22 mins.



    Going to do the update now lol.
  18. #18  
    svfd757's Avatar

    Posts
    696 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cm 10/Franco

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    I noticed that if I go beyond about 200 hours, the multi touch goes crazy. But widgets and everything else still works flawlessly.
    BB World Edition->Moto Droid->BB Tour->Moto RAZR->Samsung Galaxy Nexus->Google Nexus 7->iPhone 5
    Always remember to wipe your Davlik!!!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    OP What WiFi control widget do you use? I'd be keen to stick one of these on my N7 as it's a bit of a pain going through settings.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm about to do the update that I've been neglecting lol. 1578 hours and 22 mins.
    Going to do the update now lol.
    YOU BEAT ME! Wanna know why? Apparently I tried to play GameLoft's Modern Combat 3 with a Dual Shock 3 controller. But for some reason it caused my tablet to freak out and the touch response 'broke'. I had no choice but to reboot my tablet (NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!). I tried it again, and it happened two more times, there is definitely something wrong with the SIXAXIS app or the Modern Combat 3 app.

    I've also run into a few other reboots, once in my pocket (oops!) since I don't have a case for my N7, the buttons get pressed in my pocket. I'm currently at 8.5 hours of up time, which means I had a forced reboot without me knowing about it, since 8 hours ago, my tablet was on my bed, not being used. Lame-o! No fair! But congrats man on your 1,578 hours!

    Quote Originally Posted by svfd757 View Post
    I noticed that if I go beyond about 200 hours, the multi touch goes crazy. But widgets and everything else still works flawlessly.
    Yeah, I've had a lot of issues recently with my tablet, touch goes crazy sometimes, and it's been lagging more than ever recently, Android 4.1.2 is running worse than when I originally bought my tablet. That is unsettling.

    Quote Originally Posted by JimboDeany View Post
    OP What WiFi control widget do you use? I'd be keen to stick one of these on my N7 as it's a bit of a pain going through settings.
    I just use the basic default Android power control widget.
    I am NOT the person set as my icon, and no, I don't know who she is.
  21. #21  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    I was just going to keep using it w/o a reboot, to see how long it would go. I decided to stop and just do the update, and go from there lol.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Wait?..... What is this "up time"? Just checked mine an I'm on about 58 hrs or so... What is this for?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  23. #23  
    F34R's Avatar
    F34RTEHDR01D

    Posts
    378 Posts
    Global Posts
    542 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by cashiskingnyc View Post
    Wait?..... What is this "up time"? Just checked mine an I'm on about 58 hrs or so... What is this for?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    This is about how long the Nexus 7 has been "on" without a reboot basically.
  24. #24  
    Yde
    Yde is offline
    Yde's Avatar

    Posts
    15 Posts

    Default Sv: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    222 hours

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Nexus 7 Up time: 1001 hours straight!

    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    This is about how long the Nexus 7 has been "on" without a reboot basically.
    Sweet! Thanks. Does shutting off count?

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B