NFC Tags

jstar8000

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a particular brand of NFC tags they are using? I want to buy some to make it auto connect to my school wifi

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

seriyb

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone list some useful use cases for these tags?
My WiFi is always on so I'm not even sure what would be a useful user case.
thanks

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well, I have no wifi at work, and I'd like to turn it off when I leave the house anyways. So, have a tag in my car that turns off wifi, turns on GPS (which I don't need at home) and maybe bluetooth for my car, if I had it off, opens my music app so that I can listen to music via bluetooth, and turns my ringer back up (in case getting in from work). Get to work, have a tag here that turns off wifi (just in case) and puts my ringer on silent. Have one at home that turns wifi back on, and turns my GPS off (maybe ringer up here, too, just in case).

Situations like that, pretty much. I'm sure there's more, but those are my initial plans for mine.

jimj21

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Has anybody successfully been able to read an NFC tag with the screen off or with the lock screen on? I'm not sure if it is meant to work like this, but figured I would ask.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it's meant to work like this. I have not, but then again, I haven't gone out of my way to figure it out. I think they turn off the radios when it's sleeping to help conserve power and make it more secure.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My buddy has some at his brewery for different things, one to check in on forsquare, another to open the brewey webpage... things like that. It's pretty neat.

anon(5976560)

May 10, 2013
Visit site
If you want to use yours as a smart poster tag (to exchange information digitally), check out Thumbtag. All you have to do is upload a file and that information gets displayed on its own tag page. Then people can scan your tag via NFC or QR code.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz