Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Authentication Problem" when trying to connect?

I have a d-link N300 DIR-615 router.

when I try to connect to the network: (signal strength: excellent, security: WPA PSK) it just says "Authentication Problem".

I tried setting it to only g/ and only n/ in the wireless settings but had no success.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Default Re: "Authentication Problem" when trying to connect?

Did you spell your password correctly?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I did indeed. I triple-checked!

Out of curiosity I checked the wi-fi security settings to none (just for a second) to see if it would connect & it connected immediately. Of course I don't want to browse w/ my pants down so to speak so I'm back to being offline. smh.

FDR wifi fix works for me. I get ur issue once month ....netgear router....for past year using cm9 on HP touchpad .....try it out

Sorry ... incorrect name ....here's link for play store ..... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...b3JlZml4ZXIiXQ..
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

So it turned out to be because I didn't have WPA enabled on the router. Problem solved. Thank you for the link tomen.

I have just received a Nexus 7 and am getting the same message "authentication problem" trying to connect for the first time. I put in an incorrect password and cannot bring it back to factory status as each time I try, the screen locks and I can get no further than the android lying on its back. Please help a novice!

hello Dear,
    I have Q mobile ant it has wireless when I want connect to WLAN it give ( authentication problem )
    signal stength is Excellent
    link speed Mbps
    security WPA PSK

Pleas give me information about it

thanks

hey can someone help me out i have a visual land tablet 9' and i took it to japan trying to connect to wifi using a buffalo wireless router and its not connecting it keeps saying authentication problem can some tel me how to solve this problem thanks

I have a android tablet and I am trying to connect to the internet but it keeps on coming up with authenticion problem and I am not really good with technology so if anyone out there can help me then that would be appreciated kindregaurds Mia
    Thanked by:

Thumbs down Re: "Authentication Problem" when trying to connect?

same here but i cant figure out what it is . when i go round friends and i use there wifi im fine and it works like a dream just whenever im at home it never works.

authentication problem when trying to connect

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish7 View Post
    authentication problem when trying to connect

Quote Originally Posted by whimsy84 View Post
    I have a d-link N300 DIR-615 router.

when I try to connect to the network: (signal strength: excellent, security: WPA PSK) it just says "Authentication Problem".

I tried setting it to only g/ and only n/ in the wireless settings but had no success.

Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!