Wow. How's Google going to beat new HD Kindle Fire at $159?

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
We can nit-pick the details. But I can't imagine how anyone can argue that the Kindle Fire was not a successful tablet? It clearly has done very well.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
We can nit-pick the details. But I can't imagine how anyone can argue that the Kindle Fire was not a successful tablet? It clearly has done very well.

No it hasn't. It had a good run up to holiday because of when it was released, but then ran headfirst into a cheaper iPad 2 and a higher spec iPad 3, and its sales and marketshare completely collapsed. It's market share is less than 5% despite what Amazon claims. The market is more competitive now more than ever, and amazon will find it quite a bit more difficult to compete.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
No it hasn't. It had a good run up to holiday because of when it was released, but then ran headfirst into a cheaper iPad 2 and a higher spec iPad 3, and its sales and marketshare completely collapsed. It's market share is less than 5% despite what Amazon claims. The market is more competitive now more than ever, and amazon will find it quite a bit more difficult to compete.

Nothing is even remotely close to the iPad. To say it didn't compete against the iPad, so it wasn't successful just isn't accurate to me. For a non-iPad device the the Kindle Fire was a success, it might very well be the most successful Android tablet. Even if you want to argue it was not the most successful, it's definitely in the top of a very select few Android tablets that have been successful.

To me it's is plain as day that the Kindle Fire was one of the few non-iPad success stories for tablets. Most android tablets have done rather poorly.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is even remotely close to the iPad. To say it didn't compete against the iPad, so it wasn't successful just isn't accurate to me. For a non-iPad device the the Kindle Fire was a success, it might very well be the most successful Android tablet. Even if you want to argue it was not the most successful, it's definitely in the top of a very select few Android tablets that have been successful.

To me it's is plain as day that the Kindle Fire was one of the few non-iPad success stories for tablets. Most android tablets have done rather poorly.

It was not successful. A successful product does not have its sales collapse a month or two after launch. The fact that amazons market share is behind samsungs should tell you that.

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
It was not successful. A successful product does not have its sales collapse a month or two after launch. The fact that amazons market share is behind samsungs should tell you that.

Which tablets besides the iPad do you believe have been more successful than the Kindle Fire? Does the Kindle Fire make the top 5 list, top 10, or worse?

harold42483

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Honestly its not even close to the nexus. Quad core. Nfc. A google device guaranteed to get the newest operating system. Its a win all the way for the Nexus. But hopefully it will steal some iPad customers away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm still waiting on purchasing my first tablet but I think I still might go with the nexus 7 I love the play store with all the emulators and music stuff I don't think amazon has all that good stuff.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd argue when it comes to "mind share" more casual people know about the Kindle Fire and Nook Tablet vs. the Galaxy Tab and Transformers series. Actual sales might not corroborate that assumption though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Honestly its not even close to the nexus. Quad core. Nfc. A google device guaranteed to get the newest operating system. Its a win all the way for the Nexus. But hopefully it will steal some iPad customers away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

NFC is negligible right now, IMO.

Newest version of Android is irrelevant when it comes to the Kindle Fire.

The Nexus 7 is a better play though since you can have access to the entire Amazon ecosystem except for Amazon Instant Video, which in some cases can be easily replaced by Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Crackle.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Amazon Instant is accessible via flash and Firefox for Android. Just side load flash after installing Firefox and BAM, access to Amazon Instant Video.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All of them. The Iconia, galaxy tabs, transformers, and even the nook tablet, all have outsold the Fire.

I'm really curious as to how Amazon got to their 22% market share number.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm really curious as to how Amazon got to their 22% market share number.

Just like Apple's figures we'll never know ;) jk

Sort of

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just like Apple's figures we'll never know ;) jk

Sort of

lol.

Last I checked Apple gave actual sales numbers, Samsung gives the numbers they've shipped to retailers, and Amazon just makes things up.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
lol.

Last I checked Apple gave actual sales numbers, Samsung gives the numbers they've shipped to retailers, and Amazon just makes things up.

Lol hence the jk. Although I would prefer more information regarding their performance claims.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty