Use Google Now with Google Voice?

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You need to set up Google Voice and an app such as Talkatone or something similar. Then you can send/receive text and make/receive phone calls.

Anthimus

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
You need to set up Google Voice and an app such as Talkatone or something similar. Then you can send/receive text and make/receive phone calls.

I don't think this will work. Yes, he could use google voice to text, but not through google now.

I believe he wants to say "Text to _____ with message _____ and have google now open google voice, input the text, and send the message.

This won't work because google voice cannot be set as the default texting app. I want this feature too, so if you figure it out let me know.

dparrothead1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this would work. I believe you would need to set google voice as the default texting app. To my knowledge this is not even possible on a phone, much less a tablet. I want this feature too, so if you figure it out let me know.

Yes it does work!!! I send text and make phone calls with my N7 every day.

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this will work. Yes, he could use google voice to text, but not through google now.

I believe he wants to say "Text to _____ with message _____ and have google now open google voice, input the text, and send the message.

This won't work because google voice cannot be set as the default texting app. I want this feature too, so if you figure it out let me know.

Yeah, that's exactly what I was looking to do. I installed Talkatone and Google Now just responds with "This device cannot perform the action you requested."

Anthimus

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does work!!! I send text and make phone calls with my N7 every day.

Are we talking about the same thing? I know you can send texts from the google voice app, but does it interface with google now? Let me clarify:

I am not talking about:

Launching the 'google voice' app manually, then clicking compose, then using voice typing to compose the message.

Rather:

Launching 'google now', and saying "Send a text to ____ with message ____" and 'google now' launching 'google voice', inputting the text, and sending the message?

I am skeptical but if it does in fact work with google now, great!

Anyone else doing this with google now?

Anthimus

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I tested it. I am pretty confident at this point that integration between google now and google voice/Talkatone does not exist. Voice and Talkatone are great apps that do indeed give you the ability to call/text from a N7 tablet, but they cannot be triggered by google now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia