Unable to connect to Wifi on new Nexus 7 tablet

easbury6

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I purchased this tablet yesterday, and it does not accept my gmail username and password. It also does not connect to any open Wifis, including Foxfi on my Android smartphone. What can I do?

android4life007

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I purchased this tablet yesterday, and it does not accept my gmail username and password. It also does not connect to any open Wifis, including Foxfi on my Android smartphone. What can I do?

Unless you are connected to WIFI then the N7 cannot validate your email address. What happens when you try and connect to WIFI? Do you know that you have to agree to terms when you connect to free WIFI such as McDonalds, Barnes & Noble etc.? Once connected to WIFI open your internet browser (Try the Opera browser not Chrome) and you should be taken to a "agree to terms" page. Hope this helps, good luck.

Polishpepper

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem connecting to my Nexus 7 .My router is the Netgear B90-755044-15. All computers and TV work fine. But to setup and use my N7 I had to diable my Security WPA2 - PSK then it worked fine.

dog rose

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
How can you tell which ghz your router is on and how can you change AND will changing to make it 2.4 for the nexus will the laptops, ps3s and tv still work ok? My son is particularly worried about his gaming speed being affected. Thanks

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Power your Nexus 7 off. Turn your router off. Turn your modem off (including removing any backup battery). Then in reverse order turn everything back on. That is what worked for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36