Google Wallet Prepaid Cards/Credits

Hotam

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the announcements around many of the tech blogs but I have not come across a solid answer yet.

Will this change in policy effect any of the people who have the $25 credit that comes with the Nexus7? Would hate to have to rush around and spend that money.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Important dates affecting your Google Prepaid Card
September 17, 2012: You will no longer be able to add funds to your Google Prepaid Card or add a new Google Prepaid Card to a new device. Please be aware that resetting the Google Wallet app after this date will remove the Google Prepaid Card and you will not be able to re-add the card. Find out more at http://www.google.com/wallet/prepaid-refund/faq.html
October 17, 2012: Your Google Prepaid Card will disappear from the Google Wallet app and you won?t be able to spend your balance any longer. Don?t worry, you will be able to request a refund if you have remaining funds by visiting www.google.com/wallet/prepaid-refund.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Fleury14

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I've seen the announcements around many of the tech blogs but I have not come across a solid answer yet.

Will this change in policy effect any of the people who have the $25 credit that comes with the Nexus7? Would hate to have to rush around and spend that money.

No the $25 is a play store credit. This affects the $10 you get for activating the prepaid card within the Google wallet app.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused about the Google pre-paid card.. Is that one of those things where you hold your device up to the cashier, and it automatically subtracts the balance from your card? So it'll only work with certain retailers, and only when you have wifi? And you can't use that balance at home/online?

lol I'm assuming I won't be refunded the free $10 credit, right?