Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Lightbulb Nexus 7 Battery Temperature Too Hot???

I noticed lately my Nexus 7 battery has been running very hot. It seems warmer to the touch now. I charged it overnight whilst turned off last night and this morning it was the hottest I ever experienced, I checked the battery temp and it was 99.9 Degrees Fahrenheit, I think it may have been higher but the counter does not go over 99.9. When idle it runs in the mid to high 80's, with light to medium use it runs in the 90's.
    I have a battery App call Battery HD which has been great so far. Battery HD shows the battery temp as well as other useful things.

Please share what your average battery temp is and what your battery temp is after or whilst charging.

Any input would be appreciated, Thanks for your time
    Last edited by android4life007; 09-13-2012 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Typo
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus 7 Battery Temperature Too Hot???

If it is indeed running at 99.9 C (212 F) then yes it would be of great concern. My phone (Evo 3D) can run fairly hot at times. If I am outside in direct sunlight and running a processor heavy app the phone will get to about 45 C (113 F). It is hot to the touch. I can't imagine you could touch the Nexus 7 for long, let alone hold it, if it was indeed reaching 99.9 C.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by ebolasudan View Post
    If it is indeed running at 99.9 C (212 F) then yes it would be of great concern. My phone (Evo 3D) can run fairly hot at times. If I am outside in direct sunlight and running a processor heavy app the phone will get to about 45 C (113 F). It is hot to the touch. I can't imagine you could touch the Nexus 7 for long, let alone hold it, if it was indeed reaching 99.9 C.
    I apologize, its not Celsius its Fahrenheit LMAO
    -We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.

I notice mine getting warm in the bottom left corner when heavily playing final fantasy tactics. It is not too hot to hold onto, just warm.

Sent from my Nexus 7
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

ROM
    Verizon Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by LukasPodolski View Post
    I notice mine getting warm in the bottom left corner when heavily playing final fantasy tactics. It is not too hot to hold onto, just warm.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    I noticed that too within minutes of playing Angry Birds or any other App really. Any idea what your temps are?
    I am trying to figure out if my temps are normal. Since this whole thing started my N7 would also not charge all the way (100%) some days

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post
    I noticed lately my Nexus 7 battery has been running very hot. It seems warmer to the touch now. I charged it overnight whilst turned off last night and this morning it was the hottest I ever experienced, I checked the battery temp and it was 99.9 Degrees Fahrenheit, I think it may have been higher but the counter does not go over 99.9. When idle it runs in the mid to high 80's, with light to medium use it runs in the 90's.
    I have a battery App call Battery HD which has been great so far. Battery HD shows the battery temp as well as other useful things.

Please share what your average battery temp is and what your battery temp is after or whilst charging.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by android4life007 View Post