Disable Nexus 7 pin unlock

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't find any answer for this so pardon me if it's been answered elsewhere.

I set my N7 to unlock by pin, and but now I want to go back to the slide to unlock. The option under Settings > Security > Screen lock is greyed out. Not sure what I did to disable this option. It says "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy, or credential storage."

Here is a screen cap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347587648033.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347587648033.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 135

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
My understanding is you will need to factory reset (and lose everything) to remove the PIN, the only reason I'm not encrypting my phone is that it woon't event let you use a pattern let alone remove security altogether.

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It looks like some type of security software is restricting it. Are you running Seekdroid, Lookout, or something similar?
On the screen prior to the one you captured, under Device Administrater, what shows up?

Sent from my Nexus 7

Firefyter

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
It could be the encryption option, but I didn't think that the encryption would allow pattern lock I thought you had to use either PIN or password for that option.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Curtis A

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It looks like some type of security software is restricting it. Are you running Seekdroid, Lookout, or something similar?
On the screen prior to the one you captured, under Device Administrater, what shows up?

Sent from my Nexus 7

I'm not running any security apps. I just thought I'd pin lock it in case I lost it. And under Device Administrators it reads "No available device administrators"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dbareis

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
In my previous response I assumed you had encrypted your phone, if that is not the case then
I think credential storage can be cleared.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
I disabled my pin/unlinked my work email account (which makes a PIN or password a requirement) because i wanted to change my lock screen clock widget. i changed the widget and then relinked my work account and the stupid thing changed the lockscreen clock widget back to default. errrrrrrrrr

has anybody else had that problem?

GARCHES92380

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I HAD the same problem and completely lost. Under Settings, Password, then it asked me to confirm the lock screen password, which I did and there were 7 options like: unlock, swipe, nothing and so on. It worked, I am done with that!!!!! Really did not want to do hard reset and loose everything. Hoped it could help. I joined this forum for this reason. Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome