Looking to sell Nexus 7 - Is it okay to sell it with root and bootloader unlocked?

Silken1987

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Hello

I'm looking to sell my Nexus 7 as I rarely use it. I have rooted it and unlocked the bootloader. I'm struggling to understand the guides to undo all of this and am now wondering if I will be okay to remove my data from the device and sell it on eBay advertised as rooted? Is this possible? I've tried asking friends and no one knows. Can anyone advise?

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello

I'm looking to sell my Nexus 7 as I rarely use it. I have rooted it and unlocked the bootloader. I'm struggling to understand the guides to undo all of this and am now wondering if I will be okay to remove my data from the device and sell it on eBay advertised as rooted? Is this possible? I've tried asking friends and no one knows. Can anyone advise?

It depends on who you plan on selling it too. If you are going to list on a site like eBay then you would have to list on there that it is rooted/unlocked. That or if you are selling back I would say yes you should flash the stock OS, unroot and relock.

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure they know you have it rooted and unlocked, assuming you're selling on ebay or Craigslist. Wait, creccaj1 beat me to this post...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon