When can we expect NEXUS 7 2

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The new ipads come out once a year. Do we have to wait another year for the next nexus 7? I really want one with a rear camera at the least. I dont care about hdmi out because i can stream with my ipad3.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
most probably next year same time

I agree, if Google feels like it is a success & wants to follow it up, it'll probably be in the 9-15 month window. Of course, there will be several dozen other tablets released between now & then, they just won't be the same vanilla android, etc.

I could see another size nexus tablet sooner, possibly.

mobius1484

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see Google work with Asus and build a direct competition to the iPad. Maybe a Google tweaked TF series with the awesome keyboard they offer.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You guys do realize the whole point of the Nexus line is to have devices to develop/release new versions of Android on, right? There won't be a need for a new Nexus tablet until Google decides to release a new version of Android that at least partially focuses on tablet features. If they follow the same pattern as the gap between the Xoom (Android 3.0) and the Nexus 7 (Android 4.1), we might have to wait a couple of Android versions for the next Google tablet.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

TimeHunter

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I got a Lenovo A1107 that has an integrated microSD card slot. It's decent, but not quite Nexus level build quality, though it has 16GB onboard for only $200 USD.

However, the screen was a bit fussy using a stylus, so I ended up finger greasing the screen a lot. It is also ICS and there is no indication Lenovo was working on a JB update.

I caved and got an N7 16GB which I am quite enjoying and will keep. But I travel a lot without access to wifi and I know I'm going to miss having the convenience of the microSD memory expansion to support my voracious media consumption habits. Yes, I can root it and go with the OTG cable and whatnot, but can anyone say Kludge?

Nychotxxx

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
The 7 inch form factor CRAVES a rear camera. The 7 would be perfect with one. The probably phony ipad mini photos that were floating around before the iphone 5 and new ipod touch releases all had rear cameras. But i have a feeling the ipad mini rumors were pure speculation now, especially with the $299 price attached to the base new ipod touch, which is an off the wall price for a worthless product. I was shocked that apple upgraded and up-priced that thing.

Ivanamanation#IM

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm quite happy with my N7 as it is at the moment.

I don't really care about a rear camera at the moment. I use my Galaxy Nexus to capture images an video and sync them with ever note, Google Drive or just Beam them with NFC.

My hope is for the N7 to become a standard for creating great apps optimized for 7 inch tablets. The way iOS developers focus only on the 10' iPads.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
the rear camera isn't necessarily a deal breaker for me, but I keep running into situations where one would be really useful.. Wish I could post pics on instagram/fb/whatever social media app, wish I could take pictures of the lecture notes on a board, wish I could use it to supplement my Evernotes by adding 'scans' of pages I took notes from, wish I could take a picture of something I wanted to remember, maybe a spontaneous photo, etc. Like others said, a rear camera on a 7" tablet just makes sense.

But yeah, I'd love to see an iPad rival from Google.

Jonexus

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Most likely the Nexus 10 on the way, hopefully it has the same backing as Nexus. It would be huge for google especially if they released 5.0 key lime pie on it. Hopefully it has a $299 price point :)

dk21

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'M not a fan of Apple but would rather buy a product made by them than Asus. That REALLY is painful to even think BTW.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Most likely the Nexus 10 on the way, hopefully it has the same backing as Nexus. It would be huge for google especially if they released 5.0 key lime pie on it. Hopefully it has a $299 price point :)

lolol $299 for an 8GB version, $399 for 32GB.

I'M not a fan of Apple but would rather buy a product made by them than Asus. That REALLY is painful to even think BTW.
Ehh, I've only had experience with two ASUS products before my N7, but they beat anything else I've tried. my current laptop was only $650, and it came with a year of accidental damage warranty. It's survived two years of constant use, abuse, and transport, which makes it my longest lasting laptop. Every single Dell we've ever used was a complete joke, even the laptop I shelled out $1100 for. Our HP's weren't much better. Never tried a Samsung tablet, but my next tech purchase will likely be ASUS bc of the price.

I think ASUS excels at offering great specs at decent prices--though, their CS sucks out-of-warranty. I guess the poor quality control is in part due to the high demand, but that's not really an excuse either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez