NFC ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm such a geek and I'm intrigued. I don't know what I will use it for but I'm brewing some ideas :D

Are online stores the only place to purchase tags from?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

WOP_Drive

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm such a geek and I'm intrigued. I don't know what I will use it for but I'm brewing some ideas :D

Are online stores the only place to purchase tags from?

Yeah... we might start seeing them available at Best Buy soon but until more phones have NFC (like the iPhone), internet vendors are the way to go.

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... we might start seeing them available at Best Buy soon but until more phones have NFC (like the iPhone), internet vendors are the way to go.

I'm on tagsfordroid and I see two types? Might order like a pack of 10.

pcdebb

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Ordered tagsfordroid thru amazon and got them already! Now time to do some interesting things.

AlgarY

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm on tagsfordroid and I see two types?

For the Nexus 7, both of those types (Mifare Classic and NTAG203) are compatible with it. Mifare Classic has a lot more storage than the NTAG203, but for automating tasks NTAG203 should be more than enough space. The positive for NTAG203 is that they will also work with the few rare devices using Broadcom NFC controllers such as Nexus 4 and 10.

Shop4NFC also carries both those types of tags. They're running a promo right now for an extra 5% off all orders.

LFD153

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Tag in my flight suit to send a text to my GF that I'm going on a flight, that is why I don't answer and she can watch me on Google Latitude(sometimes I'm in another state and she doesn't know it)
Tag also opens medical calculator app just in case.
Grateful the vending machines in the hospital take PayPass since I often dont have cash and the cafeteria is not open at night.
Tag in car to connect to bluetooth FM Transmitter to stereo. Also turns off WiFi, On GPS, Screen lock off, volume up, brightness up.
At home to turn on wifi as I walk in door.
Tag on N7 to turn on tethering of my phone.
Tag on french press to start timer for coffee brewing.
Tag on bike to start GPS app.
Always trying to think of creative applications. Love the NFC.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Grateful the vending machines in the hospital take PayPass since I often dont have cash and the cafeteria is not open at night.
That's nice. Need more of those at rest stops/highway visitor centers.

Sent from the Superuser account on my newly rooted Sprint Galaxy Nexus

djSupport

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been creating a website where you can register a 'location' and get a phone optimized guestbook and give details or facts about the location you then simply go and program a NFC tag with the supplied link and stick your tag to that location then people can tap your NFC tag and leave a message saying they have 'been here' its in a beta period now if you wan't to trial it out and give feedback before creating tags you have until end of august 2013 to let me know! The ideas that come with this is you could create a mini guestbook for your local hangout, park bench or even tag a location like a certain rest spot on a rock face (providing the tag sticks!) to see how many fellow climbers find the tag! or place a tag near an unusual item in the woods that you know used to belong to something etc etc! My site is I've Been Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.