need help connecting to wifi

bluejay714

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi I just bought nexus 7 few days ago, and I have not been able to connect to wifi. I do not have any access to wifi at home, but I've been to school and mcdonald's to try to get wifi access.

However, I cannot use them. It said that it was connected to those wifi, but still cannot use internet. I think it's because both wifi providers (my school and mcdonald's) requires user to Login in order to start using wifi, while not requiring WEP or WPA/WPA2. (such as user agreement page for mcdonalds)

Any thoughts on how I can open those login screens? it seems like chrome on nexus 7 can't do that job.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Standard hotspot behavior. Open your browser and go somewhere. You'll be presented with the auth page.

Not all hotspots will prompt for this in WiFi, can't tell you why.

// Posted from my Nexus 7 with the Android Central app :) //

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
A great annoyance is airports and such (here in the US) where the WiFi SSD includes the words "open" or "free" or something, but then when you connect and launch a browser, you're presented with half a dozen "for pay" choices, and the only free choice is to reach the website of the paid service providers, and register so that you can pay.

You'd think an airport would wise up and at LEAST host some maps and directories and help information on the free section of the hotspot. I believe the new Minneapolis St. Paul airport does this, has very cool terminal maps you can download. Smart!