Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: music transfer to Nexus 7

I used iTunes to change them to mp3 when I ripped them to my pc from my cds and when done I sent them to my nexus 7 by going to the send button and sent my album to it and worked just fine
    Thanked by 3:
    beastyboy966 likes this.

Thumbs up Re: music transfer to Nexus 7

Awesome thx very much:-)

I am so lost in this thread and I have commented and sent private msgs to people with no response, please help me.

Here is the situation, decided to use Google Play Music and have been transferring my music that way since you get 20k songs for free.....well i thought this would automatically synch up via google music on my N7, but it's not.......what do I need to do? Everytime I plug in my external HD it continues to upload songs into Google Music, this morning I was at 847 songs, but NONE of these are showing up on my N7.

Please help and thanks.

Go to your settings and the Sync Accounts section, click on your google account and make sure the Google Play Music is checked.

I use Amazon for all of my music purchases, so I don't have any personal experience with it. Sorry.
    Thanked by 2:
    ChromeJob likes this.

Ok thanks, I will check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    That's what we're all here for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    I like to help people too, but I couldn't tell if that was a joke or a troll. I've been bated like that before. Besides, I thought this was a forum about the Nexus 7?

There's a very wide range of expertise that members of this forum have, so I always assume that people are asking questions out of genuine interest. If they're trolling, then so be it--the rise they might have been trying to get out of people by asking an odd question won't come from me, because I'll just answer their question the best that I can.

Besides, there's always the all-powerful Report Post button if someone starts to get unruly. Let that person get kicked off the forum, not you!

Quote Originally Posted by Diknak View Post
    Go to your settings and the Sync Accounts section, click on your google account and make sure the Google Play Music is checked.

I use Amazon for all of my music purchases, so I don't have any personal experience with it. Sorry.
    Ok I went to settings and nothing about syncing, so then I went to the google music app and clicked settings, still nothing about syncing, what am I missing?

OK it's the Accounts section in Settings - click on Google, then on your account name.
    Thanked by:

Oh wow!!! Thanks! looks like I have a LOT to sync....will work on this and report back

Quote Originally Posted by johnwccres View Post
    OK it's the Accounts section in Settings - click on Google, then on your account name.
    Well that did it!! !! THANX again!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Does it? I haven't tried playing FLAC with standard Play Music in a while, but when I did it would never read. Used PowerAMP until the trial ran out for my FLAC files.
    Nexus 7 can support FLAC files.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Does it? I haven't tried playing FLAC with standard Play Music in a while, but when I did it would never read. Used PowerAMP until the trial ran out for my FLAC files.
    Nexus 7 can support FLAC files.
    If you want to know something about flash player go to this blog flash-video-player.blogspot.com

Have been having problem transferring files via memory stick from PC to N7 using Media Importer
    JPG files transfer ok but Music files titles appear but will not play - then read about changing WMA files to FLAC and now playing works ok
    However to play from N7 internal storage need to "save" file - but how do you name the folders as "Unknown Artist" is ok for one album but
    is not going to work for 50 albums. Would also be nice to be able to transfer Artist/Album name information - my Sony mp3 player even shows the album art work

Quote Originally Posted by John Gibson 6264 View Post
    Have been having problem transferring files via memory stick from PC to N7 using Media Importer
    JPG files transfer ok but Music files titles appear but will not play - then read about changing WMA files to FLAC and now playing works ok
    However to play from N7 internal storage need to "save" file - but how do you name the folders as "Unknown Artist" is ok for one album but
    is not going to work for 50 albums. Would also be nice to be able to transfer Artist/Album name information - my Sony mp3 player even shows the album art work
    try AirDroid - make the file tree structure with directories named on your desktop and then use AirDroid to copy that entire file structure onto the \Music top folder and point your player there if needed.

Even though transfered via USB from my computer my music does not show up. Any idea's

Quote Originally Posted by john hicks View Post
    Even though transfered via USB from my computer my music does not show up. Any idea's
    Depending on the application, often you need to tell the player application where to look for the music as a default. Generally this info is added in the settings for the app, but it varies.
    For Google's play built in app, it is Songs > down arrow > On Device Only and google searches and will find any mp3 on the N7

have nexus 7 - 2 hrs old - read comment that needed to go to settings - Acct and check to see that Google Play Music is sync checked - it's not listed - should it be ?

100 % charged

ROM
    Stock

I transferred mine usuing Bluetooth from my Galaxy Note 2 to the Nexus 7. Worked perfectly and everything appeared in the Google Music App. :thumbup:

Sent from my Behemoth of a phone, the Galaxy Note 2

Hay I won't to put music on to computer but that works. But I won't music on my mp3 but I downloaded music from this search mp3.com weppage so I wonder if I can have help on this :/

Quote Originally Posted by jorgielebron View Post
    Hay I won't to put music on to computer but that works. But I won't music on my mp3 but I downloaded music from this search mp3.com weppage so I wonder if I can have help on this :/
    I just need help understanding your message. Could you try again with a little more detail, e.g. steps that you've taken, expected results, and actual results....?
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Smile Music upload to my Nexus 7

Sounds like songs have to be in .mp3 format in order for the Nexus to read them? If so, what's the fasted way to get my .wma's changed to .mp3's? If ITunes can change the format, can I just "send" my copied songs to ITunes w/o ripping all the CD's again?

Thanks so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalpat View Post
    Just got my Nexus 7 and tried to transfer music from my computer using USB cable. Files transfer but do not show up anywhere. Thought it would simply be a matter of transfer from My Music on computer to Nexus 7 and hey presto play them - not so. What am I doing wrong and how do I get them to play????
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12