music transfer to Nexus 7

lunadna

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
hmm.. guess im doing something wrong then. You drop in into the Music folder , right ? For some reason It works for mp3's , but not FLAC .

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How do you turn your CDs into MP3 files?

ITunes is actually really good for this. The first thing you do is go into preferences and choose the import setting. Choose the mp3 format and the quality you prefer. I would recommend 256k or higher. Save and exit.

Put your cd in and wait for it to start in iTunes. Then just right click on the file in the list and choose make mp3 version. It will save it to a folder in your Music/iTunes directory by default.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I will have to try using a FLAC digitizing application, but there has always been a tradeoff between the larger file sizes associated with better quality sound (more samples per sec) and storage limitations. You CAN use very high sampling rates with a MP3 ripper or even stick with the .wav format used on many distribution cds but I would rather have a more complete music selection of multiple thousands fit into my limited storage than have like 6 files in there total, ROFL.

As in anything, there are those who will simply not be satisfied by anything less than perfection and the rest of us who accept that a man has to know his limitations...

EDIT:

As I suspected :
Tangerine Dream - Canyon Carver
MP3 equals 4 MB
FLAC equals 29 MB

Last edited:

Steven Troiano

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I used iTunes to change them to mp3 when I ripped them to my pc from my cds and when done I sent them to my nexus 7 by going to the send button and sent my album to it and worked just fine

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I am so lost in this thread and I have commented and sent private msgs to people with no response, please help me.

Here is the situation, decided to use Google Play Music and have been transferring my music that way since you get 20k songs for free.....well i thought this would automatically synch up via google music on my N7, but it's not.......what do I need to do? Everytime I plug in my external HD it continues to upload songs into Google Music, this morning I was at 847 songs, but NONE of these are showing up on my N7.

Please help and thanks.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to your settings and the Sync Accounts section, click on your google account and make sure the Google Play Music is checked.

I use Amazon for all of my music purchases, so I don't have any personal experience with it. Sorry.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That's what we're all here for.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

I like to help people too, but I couldn't tell if that was a joke or a troll. I've been bated like that before. Besides, I thought this was a forum about the Nexus 7?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's a very wide range of expertise that members of this forum have, so I always assume that people are asking questions out of genuine interest. If they're trolling, then so be it--the rise they might have been trying to get out of people by asking an odd question won't come from me, because I'll just answer their question the best that I can.

Besides, there's always the all-powerful Report Post button if someone starts to get unruly. Let that person get kicked off the forum, not you!

irratebass1

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Go to your settings and the Sync Accounts section, click on your google account and make sure the Google Play Music is checked.

I use Amazon for all of my music purchases, so I don't have any personal experience with it. Sorry.

Ok I went to settings and nothing about syncing, so then I went to the google music app and clicked settings, still nothing about syncing, what am I missing?

John Gibson 6264

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Have been having problem transferring files via memory stick from PC to N7 using Media Importer
JPG files transfer ok but Music files titles appear but will not play - then read about changing WMA files to FLAC and now playing works ok
However to play from N7 internal storage need to "save" file - but how do you name the folders as "Unknown Artist" is ok for one album but
is not going to work for 50 albums. Would also be nice to be able to transfer Artist/Album name information - my Sony mp3 player even shows the album art work

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Have been having problem transferring files via memory stick from PC to N7 using Media Importer
JPG files transfer ok but Music files titles appear but will not play - then read about changing WMA files to FLAC and now playing works ok
However to play from N7 internal storage need to "save" file - but how do you name the folders as "Unknown Artist" is ok for one album but
is not going to work for 50 albums. Would also be nice to be able to transfer Artist/Album name information - my Sony mp3 player even shows the album art work

try AirDroid - make the file tree structure with directories named on your desktop and then use AirDroid to copy that entire file structure onto the \Music top folder and point your player there if needed.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...airdroid&feature=search_result&token=uydBJA-T.

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Even though transfered via USB from my computer my music does not show up. Any idea's

Depending on the application, often you need to tell the player application where to look for the music as a default. Generally this info is added in the settings for the app, but it varies.
For Google's play built in app, it is Songs > down arrow > On Device Only and google searches and will find any mp3 on the N7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000