Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By F0REVERY0UNG-
  • 2 Post By scmurphy13
  • 1 Post By opteron7
  • 1 Post By aspurrell
  • 1 Post By MJKearney
  • 1 Post By still1
  • 1 Post By SenorPepe
  • 1 Post By nelonez
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FINALLY got my Nexus 7 today!

I don't really know why I'm creating a thread for this, but I'm just so excited! Today I was in Walmart so I decided to go ahead and pick up my 16GB N7. I've only been using it for about an hour and I think it may be my soulmate. I brought it to my parents house and I think my dad is jealous. He was questioning me about it. lol He used it a little, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna get one tomorrow after work. lol
    I really love this thing and I can't wait to spend more time with it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    dparrothead1 and opteron7 like this.

Default Re: FINALLY got my Nexus 7 today!

I picked mine up at Walmart a few days ago. I had given up on my search for a Nexus 7 locally and went into Walmart to buy socks. I always wander by the Electronics section and saw that they had a bunch of them. Enjoying it so far, except for the keyboard not always registering every letter I type.

LG G3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

The only problem I'm having with my N7 is that I can't get it to download the magazines. Am I doing something wrong or is Google not offering them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by F0REVERY0UNG View Post
    I don't really know why I'm creating a thread for this, but I'm just so excited! Today I was in Walmart so I decided to go ahead and pick up my 16GB N7. I've only been using it for about an hour and I think it may be my soulmate. I brought it to my parents house and I think my dad is jealous. He was questioning me about it. lol He used it a little, and I'm pretty sure he's gonna get one tomorrow after work. lol

Awesome and congrats... Check out swift key and a screen protector. I Nexus 7 seems to scratch easily...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    F0REVERY0UNG- likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post
    Awesome and congrats... Check out swift key and a screen protector. I Nexus 7 seems to scratch easily...

Thanks I'll definitely check out swift key, and I've already ordered screen protectors on Amazon.

I think the magazines are a US only thing on Google, and I'm in Canada and I can't access them. But you can still get them using the Zinio app in Canada and I've gotten a few through there and I like it.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by aspurrell View Post
    I think the magazines are a US only thing on Google, and I'm in Canada and I can't access them. But you can still get them using the Zinio app in Canada and I've gotten a few through there and I like it.

I'm in the US, I don't know what's going on with them.

Quote Originally Posted by opteron7 View Post

I really like SwiftKey, too, but it's so funny to see you make the most annoying mistake when using it. You typed a period (.) then a space, then started typing your next sentence. As a result, your sentence ended up being "I Nexus 7 seems to scratch easily..." I'm making this mistake less now, but am still trying to get used to not typing a space after the period. Sorry to go off topic, but your SwiftKey mistake made me smile.

To the OP, congratulations and have fun. Don't forget to exercise the rest of your body once in a while, as the Nexus 7 is the perfect couch potato gizmo!

Thanked by:

good to hear such stories. I told about Nexus 7 to my friend when it released and last week he bought a nexus 7.
    obviously he asked me about it when he bought it. I am glad i could help people buy the best tablet in the market.

---------- Post Merged at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:32 AM ----------

The only problem I'm having with my N7 is that I can't get it to download the magazines. Am I doing something wrong or is Google not offering them anymore?

In US you shouldnt have any problem buying magazine. if you have problem go to web here https://play.google.com/store/magazines
    and buy magazines and it should show up in magazine app in Nexus 7. I have purchased many apps in play store and have had no issues.
    if you get any error or issues let us know.
    Thanked by:
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    good to hear such stories. I told about Nexus 7 to my friend when it released and last week he bought a nexus 7.
    obviously he asked me about it when he bought it. I am glad i could help people buy the best tablet in the market.

---------- Post Merged at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:32 AM ----------

In US you shouldnt have any problem buying magazine. if you have problem go to web here https://play.google.com/store/magazines
    and buy magazines and it should show up in magazine app in Nexus 7. I have purchased many apps in play store and have had no issues.
    if you get any error or issues let us know.
    You know what's so weird? A few minutes ago I got updates for 12 of my Google apps and once the magazines app was updated I had no problem downloading and reading magazines.

You know what's so weird? A few minutes ago I got updates for 12 of my Google apps and once the magazines app was updated I had no problem downloading and reading magazines.

ha.. glad it worked for you!! i always keep my apps up to date. who knows it could fix an issue you had before.
    I enjoy reading Magazine on my tablet(not Nexus 7). I am tempted to buy a nexus 7 but i will wait for Nexus 10 and decide.

Enjoy!!!

Congrats OP, so did I! First android device (3years in iOS jail) and I'm loving it. Currently own a 4s. Its definitely a speedster but the size and boring ios , despite being jail broken, are getting harder and harder to deal with. Thinking of making the full leap to android when the next nexus phone (fingers crossed) comes out because I'm really feeling this stock Google experience.

Congrats and welcome to the Nexus family.....