Anyone wanted an Asus Nexus 10?

Jonexus

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've been enjoying my N7 for about 2 months now and was wondering if anyone is ready for an Asus Nexus 10?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I had an iPad for two years. A 10" screen is too big for a tablet. The 7" screen is PERFECT.

Sent from my Nexus 7

F0REVERY0UNG-

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I had an iPad for two years. A 10" screen is too big for a tablet. The 7" screen is PERFECT.

Sent from my Nexus 7

This is the same problem I had.
I've had an iPad 2 since it came out of and it was just too big, it wasn't practical for me to carry to campus everyday.
This 7-inch form factor is perfect for me.

Last edited:

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about this, too. I think that 7" is the perfect couch potato or caf?-sitting size, while a 10" might get a little cumbersome after awhile. If I was going to get a 10" tablet, it would probably be a Windows 8 tablet to supplement my desktop computer. I'd use the Nexus 7" for all my casual usage, which would be the majority of the time.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about this, too. I think that 7" is the perfect couch potato or caf?-sitting size, while a 10" might get a little cumbersome after awhile. If I was going to get a 10" tablet, it would probably be a Windows 8 tablet to supplement my desktop computer. I'd use the Nexus 7" for all my casual usage, which would be the majority of the time.

I agree with this gentleman. I'd probably buy a Nexus 10 out of principle, but I see it being left along the wayside after I get a Win8 Surface.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

tabletnovice

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 7 is my first tablet. When I first got it, I wondered if the screen would be too small but it isn't for how I use it. It's sometimes even a bit heavy if I hold it for extended times, or carry it in my handbag (along with my digital camera and feature phone). When I use it though, it's a nice size like holding a book and the text is crystal clear. I'd only be interested in a larger screen if I needed it for business or, perhaps, school....lucky me, I'm retired. :)

Apanther

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I already have an iPad for my 10" tablet use at home. But, I would love a Nexus 10 if it had a micro sd slot and usb port. If not, I'll stick with what I have. I love Android and would love to tinker on a 10" tablet more than just jailbreak and use iFile, and change my wallpaper.

A Nexus 10 with those slots and a keyboard dock like the Transformer would be killer. The reason I havent bought a Transformer is because of Jellybean and the delay in getting updates on non Nexus devices.

dwr3ck3d

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
This screen is the perfect size for me. If I want a bigger screen, then I'll take out my laptop. Perfect size for reading books and holding for games.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Not for me, thanks. Anything I can think of that I'd actually want the size and weight of a 10" screen with the batteries to support it would be sitting on a table for any use I'd put it to, and if it's going to sit on a table you might as well add a hinge and a keyboard that doubles as a stand, and call it a netbook.

The Nexus 7 is the perfect size for anything I can imagine wanting to use a tablet for.

Having said that, if Google decided to build a Nexus 10 and kept the pricing model similar to the Nexus 7, they'd sell like hotcakes, because I'm sure there are plenty of folks out there who would have a use for the larger screen and willing to make the compromises in weight and form factor.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
A 10" Nexus tablet is not even a rumored device yet. Google may never build one, and if they do there's no way of knowing when.

It actually is a rumored device. Google themselves suggested a N10 by the end of the year. Do a Google search, you'll find a half dozen articles from legit sources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy