Launcher options for stock rom

ryokox3#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, Looking for options for a launcher for a stock N7 (rooted only) . I tried APEX and Nova. Nova seemed a bit more refined but I'd have to go for the paid version to get some must have features that are in apex free. I intend to get the paid for version of the launcher I settle on but for now I'm rocking apex. I looked at Chamelion and it seems very nice for those that like that setup, but it is not for me.

Any other options I may have missed that are good? Pros and cons for each would be appreciated.

Thank you kindly,
Ry

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm also curious about Launcher options. I feel like Google default launcher is already pretty damn good and I'm kind of wondering why anyone would change it..

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm also curious about Launcher options. I feel like Google default launcher is already pretty damn good and I'm kind of wondering why anyone would change it..

Well Apex and Nova are both built off the stock launcher, they don't change the look or feel but give you more customization options.

To OP, I use Apex on my N7 and Gnex, mostly for the reasons you said.

ryokox3#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site

A good point Justin, I like a few of the nuances these launchers add to stock. For example sliding my finger up launches my email, double tapping the screen goes into settings. Some other tweaks in the new launcher settings are nice. (those gestures require nova prime, which is why I'm not rocking it at the moment.) They are not huge changes, but it does make my experience with the tablet better and more unique to my way of using it. I'm just looking to settle on one, and wanted to see if I explored all the good ones before buying the paid or donate version of what will become my default. Apex paid version does not give me anything more that I was looking for, but since the launcher is used daily I'd feel better supporting the one I stick with.

DeM4N81

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been a GO launcher guy for a while. I like the setup they have and all the different widgets and stuff they got for it. I also like being able to switch up the themes and icons and backgrounds. You're not limited to just one set. If you like the icons from one theme, you can use those on another. And its free :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ryokox3#AC

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, I read somewhere that Go launcher was not compatible with JB, must have been an older article than I thought. I'll have to try it out again tonight. Thanks for reminding me of it DeM4N81