Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 2defmouze
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default where are my files

    Help-
    When I set up my nexus 7- my fiels all downloaded and updated from by Galxy Nexus via google-
    now when i connect to my computer and look for my music files- they are no where to be found.
    The music folder is empty- yet I have a couple hundred songs on my nexus 7. Where he heck are they-
    I installed a couple of file manager on my nexus- and nothing either!
    I can't figure this out!
  2. #2  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: where are my files

    Quote Originally Posted by sdavid631 View Post
    Help-
    When I set up my nexus 7- my fiels all downloaded and updated from by Galxy Nexus via google-
    now when i connect to my computer and look for my music files- they are no where to be found.
    The music folder is empty- yet I have a couple hundred songs on my nexus 7. Where he heck are they-
    I installed a couple of file manager on my nexus- and nothing either!
    I can't figure this out!
    Lol they are in the cloud, via Google Music.. not actually on your device, they stream
    Eduardo06sp likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: where are my files

    Quote Originally Posted by sdavid631 View Post
    Help-
    When I set up my nexus 7- my fiels all downloaded and updated from by Galxy Nexus via google-
    now when i connect to my computer and look for my music files- they are no where to be found.
    The music folder is empty- yet I have a couple hundred songs on my nexus 7. Where he heck are they-
    I installed a couple of file manager on my nexus- and nothing either!
    I can't figure this out!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Lol they are in the cloud, via Google Music.. not actually on your device, they stream
    Actually, I had this problem a while back. I was told to look in com.Google.music, then cache, though I found nothing. Think it's more of a Google Music problem than ours.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: where are my files

    hmmm- but if i disconect wifi- I stillhave access- that doesnt sound right if they are streaming- I thought of that too!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: where are my files

    Quote Originally Posted by sdavid631 View Post
    hmmm- but if i disconect wifi- I stillhave access- that doesnt sound right if they are streaming- I thought of that too!
    What I did was downloaded them straight from my computer.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: where are my files

    Check the DCIM folder.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: where are my files

    On another thread someone said they ARE in the google.music folder but file managers won't see them unless you are rooted. [Or it may be you need a special file manager for rooted devices, but anyway you need to be rooted.]

    I found that if you just dump mp3 files into that folder then Google Music will see them and play them, which I thought was cool.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: where are my files

    I found that out when my friend sent me a piece of music. It saved Ina different music location and Google Play Music automatically played it. Very cool, except when it fetches game sounds.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Similar Threads

  1. Where are my music files? Argh!
    By aloha18 in forum AT&T Samsung Infuse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2012, 09:08 AM
  2. where are my pictures?
    By otkeeper in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 12:26 PM
  3. Where are my backed up notes? Please help
    By slthree in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 02:39 PM
  4. Where are my EVO NYC People @ ?
    By OlDeST in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:50 PM
  5. Where are my contacts
    By stefanl in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-13-2009, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

B