1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Question about shipping. (Already ordered Nexus 7)

I ordered a 8gb nexus 7 on sept 22nd. Couple of hours later I found this forum and decided to switch to 16gb since so many people said 8 gb is not enough. I canceled the order online but I got a email saying that it cannot be canceled and they are going to ship it anyways. But I can return it when I get its delivered. But I have decided to keep it when it comes since I will mostly use it for reading and web-surfing.

So Its sept 24th and I don't think my order has shipped yet. The purchase page on google wallet doesn't even show a tracking number. How long did it take for yours to arrive? (google wallet says 2 day shipping).

edit: Also since I requested cancellation could Google delay shipping?
    Last edited by propeller10; 09-25-2012 at 08:33 AM.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Question about shipping. (Already ordered Nexus 7)

Wow. I come back more than 7 hours later hoping there would be some answers. 100+ views. 0 replies.

cuz we do not know dude...
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

lol. Im sure most of you ordered the Nexus 7 from google. This has to be a very simple question. Im just asking what your shipping time was, like a survey.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,818 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

A good many of us in here did pre orders and had to wait weeks for shipping, but we knew this in advance. Also Google messed up the shipping and delayed it further, they were supposed to ship my device on July 9, but it didn't go out till about a week after that. Some folks here were so fed up with Google's shipping delay on the pre orders, that they bought the device in stores and then refused shipping. That then also bit them in the you know what and they had to wait a month or more for Google to refund their money.

Sit tight bro, it might take a few extra days, BUT Google will eventually get it to you, but the truth is they are NO Amazon when it comes to shipping! LOL
    Last edited by pkcable; 09-25-2012 at 08:48 AM. Reason: thought better of it
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I shop at amazon alot. I guess I am used to the speedy shipping.
    Thanks for the info.

you shouldnt have a shipping delay since you tried to cancel it.

It takes about 3-5 days... Sometime it takes time for the Shipping company to update the website even if they have shipped.
    It might be on its way. If i am to take a guess you would get it on thursday
    Thanked by:
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Got an email few minutes ago saying it has been shipped. So you were spot on. It'll be delivered on Thursday.

BTW, I meant that since I tried to cancel it, they could've made my order a low priority because the chances of me returning it are much higher. That would make sense. But it does not seem to be the case.
    Thanks.

Hope my luck turns around. I ordered an 8GB model on Sept 19th ... still no status update. Called 2 days ago and got no additional information. Time to be patient, I guess.
    CrackBerrian

Global Posts
    30,818 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.0, iOS 5.1, BB10

Like I said they are no Amazon. I'm a frequent Amazon shopper myself and Prime member so I know what you mean about the fast shipping, they promise 2 day but often manage next day. Google, well, now THEY are a horse of a differet color.
    Rich C. (PKcable)

Visitor from CrackBerry.com!

Shipping takes FOREVER, they shouldn't call it 2-day shipping because it sits around in their warehouse for days before they even make a label.

I decided the same thing, bc it took 4 days to even begin to ship out, and I wanted the 16gb. Refused delivery, and they only gave me $180/$230, but that's another story. It'll take maybe 3 days from the time it actually leaves the warehouse. Mine left late Friday, it didn't arrive until Tuesday night.