Pinyin IME...WTH?

smartk9s

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
So I kept getting updates for Google Pinyin IME. Since I only speak six words of Chinese, I decided to delete the app. Did so yesterday. Now this morning I am still getting the update notifications. Anyone know how to stop this annoyance?

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Same thing going on with me as well. Not sure, once the app is deleted, why the update notification continues to show up. Weird.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
So I kept getting updates for Google Pinyin IME. Since I only speak six words of Chinese, I decided to delete the app. Did so yesterday. Now this morning I am still getting the update notifications. Anyone know how to stop this annoyance?
did it come with the Nexus 7 or did you install it from the market?

if it came with Nexus 7 try disabling it and you should never get an update.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It comes pre-installed. Just go to "Settings" then "Apps" and find Pinyin. Select it from the list and you should be able to disable it in the App Info screen. I've done it with my Nexus 7 and I no longer receive update notifications.

smartk9s

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
did it come with the Nexus 7 or did you install it from the market?

if it came with Nexus 7 try disabling it and you should never get an update.

For some reason it was already loaded when I got the N7. And I did delete the app yesterday. But every time I launch, the update notification shows up again. While I give it points for persistence, it's now getting to be worse than a Jehovah's Witness.

---------- Post Merged at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:55 AM ----------

It comes pre-installed. Just go to "Settings" then "Apps" and find Pinyin. Select it from the list and you should be able to disable it in the App Info screen. I've done it with my Nexus 7 and I no longer receive update notifications.

There's no way to disable it...I deleted it yesterday. And just to be sure, I just checked, and that app is NOT on this device any more. (Edit) And I just shut down and relaunched and sure enough, there's the update notification again.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
For some reason it was already loaded when I got the N7. And I did delete the app yesterday. But every time I launch, the update notification shows up again. While I give it points for persistence, it's now getting to be worse than a Jehovah's Witness.

---------- Post Merged at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 11:55 AM ----------

There's no way to disable it...I deleted it yesterday. And just to be sure, I just checked, and that app is NOT on this device any more. (Edit) And I just shut down and relaunched and sure enough, there's the update notification again.

how did you delete? you might have just uninstalled the updates. the actual program might still exist.

mdmesser001

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a glitch in the update system. I have the same issue. I did a search of my whole device for "Pinyin" and nothing shows, yet I still get notifications of updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance