Best Video Converter tool to convert videos/movies for loading in Nexus 7

rajpuneyani

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Dear all,

Can you please suggest what is the best (or good) video Converter tool to convert videos/movies in nexus 7 format for loading in Nexus 7 tablet?
I tried searching a few..all of them look good but before buying, I would appreciate your feedback to make the best buy.

Thanks

rajpuneyani

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Sincere apologies guys, as it was my first post I forgot to mention my computer's OS..It is windows 7. Let me try these options suggested in the replies to this thread and post my updates. Thank you,

Jmsully

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I also use Handbrake. That would be the best to go. Its free and easy to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sheureka

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've been very happy with DVD Catalyst 4 - I have 4 different devices that I convert for and it's been great with all of them. Lots of options on quality, etc. though it does cost $10. - sheureka

tmaze

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I use Any Video Converter on Windows. It's free, easy to use.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Does DVD Catalyst allow you to rip protected DVDs?

123 DVD copy gold it the only 'retail' software sold at stores like Best Buy that will do this.
It doesn't say that it will on the box, but at install it takes you to a web site that downloads the file required to do this.

It all seems very hush-hush, but it works for almost all DVDs.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Handbrake. The "Android High" preset will encode AVC high profile encodes the the N7 can play just fine at 1280x720 resolution through MX Player.

The interface isn't the most straightforward, but it is free, has batch mode, and can parse DVD and BR folder structures to find the main movie.

FWIW, I use AnydvdHD for ripping BRs and DVDs.

-Suntan

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
You shouldn't have to do any conversion. If it plays on windows it will play on the N7 with the right app. Try BSPlayer.
The only problem is that that Nexus 7 only has a mini-DVD slot, not a full size one. So, if your movie is on a full size disc, or any size Blu-ray disc, you're out of luck. You'll then need to convert it so that it will fit onto a mini-DVD that can then fit into the mini-DVD slot on the N7. I'd recommend DVD Shrink or DVDFab for that. I'm hoping that the next version of the Nexus 7 includes a full size Blu-ray slot!

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
The only problem is that that Nexus 7 only has a mini-DVD slot, not a full size one. So, if your movie is on a full size disc, or any size Blu-ray disc, you're out of luck. You'll then need to convert it so that it will fit onto a mini-DVD that can then fit into the mini-DVD slot on the N7. I'd recommend DVD Shrink or DVDFab for that. I'm hoping that the next version of the Nexus 7 includes a full size Blu-ray slot!

The trick is to burn it to a ShrinkyDink brand BD-R or DVD-R, then follow their patented method for diametric reduction to ensure a good fit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlotte Rise FC