firefox has finally won

Jussumguy88

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
The look and feel of firefox just doesn't work for me.. Right aout nowni prefer dolphin.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JustinMueller8810

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Chrome is my favorite now because they have Web Browser apps that sync with all my devices (and if I'm on any random computer I will instantly be equipped with my exact bookmarks/Web apps setup)

Plus, if you're using a Google device you should prolly stick with Google's Web browser.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DogPsyche

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yep, happy with Chrome here too. I don't see the need to use up memory on a third party app when the one I've got works just fine. :)

~Jaqi~
Sent from my lovely Nexus 7

Ravynmagi

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I used to be such a huge Firefox fan on the desktop. And I keep trying out Firefox on Android hoping it gets better. I just tried it again.

Dolphin still seems much faster to me. Dolphin scrolls much smoother.
I hate the rubber band effect Firefox uses. I don't want the website to spring from one side or the other, that is distracting.
I can get in and out of Dolphin's full screen mode easier than Firefox.
I love the swipe from left or right gestures in Dolphin to bring up the bookmarks or add-ons.

Firefox probably needs a major facelift of the tablet UI for me to like it.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
How do I clear or get rid of the TOP SITES tab? I did a sync with Firefox on my PC and it loaded up a bunch of junk in TOP SITES. That tab opens every time I go to Bookmarks!. It is full of junk from years ago! How do I get rid of this Tab?

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Try clearing cache and history.

Top Sites shouldn't be in your bookmarks, it's a function of New Tab iirc.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Firefox has come a long way. It had horrible reviews when it first came to Android. Now it's getting pretty good reviews. It also works better than Chrome in regards to Google Drive. When I create forms at work with Google Drive, I enable the feature to receive updates via Email when someone makes changes to it. When I click on the link in the email I receive, Firefox is able to navigate to the form's data so I can view the results. Chrome cannot. It downloads a ver.bin file. This may not happen on all devices, but it seems to happen on my Galaxy Note 2.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk

Andyvalver

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I tried Firefox but it seemed quite slow compare to chrome and the stock browser so I got rid of it. I use Firefox on the pc though

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Android Central Forums

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I tried FF for several months..... IT HAS LOST to Xscope and stock Chrome on my N7.

On the Nexus 7, Firefox is the total opposite of Firefox on my PC where it is fast and simple to use. I find it very confusing and hard to use now after using Xscope for so long.

FF deletion eminent........danger will robinson!

Algus

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I actually do like Firefox for Android a lot more than Chrome for Android but since I use a chromebook, I've been slowly switching over to Chrome on my N7. Just having access to everything I do on my laptop is so very convenient.

Michael Morris2

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I?m considering a switch from chrome and this is one of my big hold ups. I use chrome on my nexus 7, phone, laptop and work computer. If I ad a bookmark on one it?s there on everything, can firefox or dolphin provide this? I have noticed slow speeds on chrome and 4.2.2 so I?m open to change

Until Firefox syncs with the Chrome tabs on my PC (never) I'll stick with Google's baby.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I liked chrome until recently. It's been acting strangely. So I tried firefox but I didn't like it because it didn't load websites correctly. For example, if I went to yahoo.com on firefox I can't scroll the little stories they have, but on all the other browsers I can do it but not with firefox which is strange... So now I'm on dolphin. Dolphin for right now is the best one I came across with. It's pretty quick to load sites and it loads sites correctly.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Firefox is the only browser I use on my N7 and N4. I have flash installed on both just to use with Firefox.

First, best reason I know to run FF.

I?m considering a switch from chrome and this is one of my big hold ups. I use chrome on my nexus 7, phone, laptop and work computer. If I ad a bookmark on one it?s there on everything, can firefox or dolphin provide this? I have noticed slow speeds on chrome and 4.2.2 so I?m open to change
Yes, set up a sync account in FF. Works as well as Chrome, maybe better.

// Tapatalk HD for Android - Nexus 7 //

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781